1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VPH 1031 Problem with DVD pictures

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nigel Ince, Sep 17, 2001.

1. Nigel Ince

Nigel Ince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, i have a new (trust me) Sony VPH 1031q CRT projector, i know its an older model, but when i put DVD pictures through it the screen goes haywire & it wont play it properly. I think macrovision has something to do with it, as Sky & other things play fine through the RGB scart.

It doenst do it on all DVD's mainly R1 (but Fargo R1 works fine) & most R2 dvds are ok, but Hannibal weoldnt play.

Im sure macrovision is to blame, if so any ideas as i dont really want to get rid on my Sony 735 DVD player

Thanks

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,970
    Does your Sony have RGB output capability. If so you may want to try a RGB to VGA(RGBHV) adaptor from John Sim, <a href="http://www.rgbtosvideo.co.uk" target="_blank">www.rgbtosvideo.co.uk</a>

This will strip out Macrovision I'd have thought.

Gordon

3. Nigel Ince

Nigel Ince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gordon, thanks for the help, i dont know what you mean 'has your Sony got RGB output' do you mean input, it has a scart socket on the front marked RGB1 there is a com port type computer connector next to it labeled RGB2 there is no support for S-Video on my projector that i can find - is this what you meant

Cheers for the reply

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I agree it's a macro vision problem.<br />Macro vison breaks up the sync signal to prevent you linking recorders. However some of the sensitve projectors had the same problem.

It would be worth giving MarataVision a call, They were the distributors of sony CRT's.

<a href="http://marata.co.uk" target="_blank">Maratavision</a>

Tel 020 8348 1496

They may know of a quick fix

On a barco it is just a couple of components

5. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    or you could just get a copy enhancer from te likes of lectropacks <a href="http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/" target="_blank">http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/</a>

6. Nigel Ince

Nigel Ince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi matey, cheers for that, they dont know about the 1031, they never had anything to do with them.

any ideas where next ?

7. Nigel Ince

Nigel Ince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, still having problems here with this unit. All R2's work fine & fargo & dirty dancing, father ted R1's all work fine, but *no* other R1's will work, i just get screen break up image jitter all over the place & sometimes a rolling picture & sometimes nothing at all.

Has anyone got any ideas at all - i even rang Sony Pro install & they didnt have a clue.

I was wondering where the vertical hold pot was as this could be the problem ????

My friend had one of these too & he had the same problem until he got a pioneer DVD player & it had macrovision removed.

Anyone want to swap a decent pioneer for a brand new Sony 735 in silver

Nige

8. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Why not pay someone like Techtronics to remove Macrovision for you instead of changing your player?