Sony vpcec350e/wi

Andy130

Just configured 2 very similar specd i5 machines in the sony website. One E series and the other F series. The F series comes in about 200 pounds more expensive (even has a slightly worse GFX card - HD 5650 1GB in the E-Series against the GT 330M 1GB in the F-Series)

So am a touch confused as to the quite substantial price difference. And wondered if anyone could shed some light. ta

Last edited:

Andy130

took the plunge on the E series. Really cant imagine the additional cost of the F being worthwhile.

# Intel® CoreTM i5-460M, 2.53GHz
# Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
# English (QWERTY)
# Black
# 500 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm)
# 4 GB 1066MHz DDR3-SDRAM
# DVD disc drive
# 39.4 cm LCD, 1920x1080, webcam
# ATI MobilityRadeon HD5650 1GB

£ 699.01

JamesS

took the plunge on the E series. Really cant imagine the additional cost of the F being worthwhile.

# Intel® CoreTM i5-460M, 2.53GHz
# Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
# English (QWERTY)
# Black
# 500 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm)
# 4 GB 1066MHz DDR3-SDRAM
# DVD disc drive
# 39.4 cm LCD, 1920x1080, webcam
# ATI MobilityRadeon HD5650 1GB

£ 699.01
Hi Andy, gone for an "E" myself as wanted the 15.5 screen, much same spec as yours but with i7 and BR writer, did you configure and order or already made up machine, whichever seems a great machine:thumbsup:

Andy130

Hi james. Configured it myself. I needed something to act as a desktop and connects easily to my TV (my current HTPC is on its last legs) and also for client presentations. So its definately going to get a lot of usage which steered me to the vaios initially. So thought a decent specd allrounder laptop would kill 2 birds.
I was hovering over the i7 myself but it would be overkill for what i need. Dont do much PC gaming.Also considered the blu-ray but im happy with the ps3 for that. So I put the extra towards the 1080 screen (at the last minute) purely due to negative reports of the lesser one. Happy with the price too. :)

Trending threads

Top Bottom