• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony video SLV-SE740 manual/freeview set up

Dsmith

Standard Member
I've just got a digital aerial fitted and can now get freeview with my Sony KD-28DL11U tv (built in freeview) I have a Sony SLV-SE740 video, but have lost the manual.
Any ideas on how to set the video to record from freeview?
Cheers

JayCee

Distinguished Member
As that is an early model IDTV I'm not sure if it outputs the Freeview signals...if it does it will be from one of the scart sockets...usually AV2...check your TVs user manual.
Connect a scart lead from the scart socket on the TV which outputs the Freeview signals to the LINE3EXT/DEC (top) scart socket on the VCR and select that as the input to record from using the "Input Select" button (under the no9 button).

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
.....and make sure the TV is either fully on, or, if it has such a mode, partially on so that the tuner is outputting a signal.

Note that while making a recording in this way, you can't use the TV for anything else.

You may find it more convenient to invest in a cheap Freeview Set Top Box to "feed" your VCR.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom