sony viao problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by minm_y2k, Sep 19, 2007.

1. minm_y2k

minm_y2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my freind has asked me to have a look at his sony vaio laptop because sometimes it boots up but switches it self off half way through the process but after about 6 trys it boots up perfectly and he also has a white line going through the middle of the screen

does anyone know what the problem is?

many thanks

rich

2. graystreet

graystreet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hve you checked in Event Viewer to see if there are any hints as to what the problem could be? Also try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem still occurs. Also trying booting without the battery inserted might be worth a try.

The white line through the screen could be a screen problem, does it vary in size depending on the resolution selected or in safe mode? If not I would hazard a guess at a faulty screen.

3. ush flynn

ush flynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    when the screen goes off is it still switched on? have a listen to the fans and drives to see if its still functioning, Have you any issues with your mains that you are trying it on? does it boot without mains or without battery?