1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VHP-722QM any good ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by daveha, Jul 19, 2005.

1. daveha

daveha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've just rescued one of these Sony VPH722, CRT projectors from work. Usual story, its been replaced with a little desk model with a nice picture, but sounds like a hover craft ! Is this model any good ? it has a remote control unit and about 30 foot of cable. The picture is 4:3, all the colours are there and about the same brightness. It's got an instruction manual for operation, and for dealer setup (so many adjusters !). I have just got a second hand Z2 :) so I don't realy need a CRT projector as well, is it the sort of thing I could sell on, or should I wheel it, case and all, to the nearest skip ? Any comments greatfully received.

Thanks
    Dave

2. Stuart Gray

Stuart Gray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi Dave. I've got one of those hanging in my cinema, I bought mine secondhand. I've had it for about four years. I think they're quite old, dating from the eighties. Mine used to display a digital clock, visible only on large white areas. It gives me a five foot wide image, so I'm quite happy. It'll do till I can get hold of something better, though I'm inclined to replace my receiver (Sherwood R925) next, when funds allow.I installed the Sony myself, after obtaining a technical manual and a ceiling bracket. Cheers!