• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony VGX-XL Alternatives

Ronnoc

Standard Member
Microanvika have confirmed they no longer have any Sony VAIO VGX-XL201's at £549 left.

I am willing to pay up to £700 but do not have the confidence to build a HTPC myself.

Is there anything prebuilt on the market that is as good as or better than the Sony?

TIA

IT Troll

You might want to check any local Sony Centres you have near by. I picked one up yesterday from Lincoln, I think they had three left.

Price was £599, they wouldn't match Micro Anvika but did throw in a free IXOS HDMI cable. :thumbsup:

Ronnoc

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. No luck with my local Sony Centre :thumbsdow

I have been looking into this further and thought the Mesh Asus Asteio D22 for £899 would be my best option.:eek:

What I want is a machine that will play my home mpegs,mp3's and photos together with a digital tuner to record TV.

I then found what I thought would be a much cheaper option..the Humax PVR 9200T or the Topfield for around £200. Although they both have USB connnections and will play MP3's and show photos they will not let you transfer your home mpeg's to them.

Are their any other alternatives?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom