1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony VGF-AP1 or NW-HD3??? Help please!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by constantine_jk, Apr 3, 2005.

1. constantine_jk

constantine_jk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am after a 20Gb mp3 player (or should I say digital music player???) and I have decided to either go for the VGF-AP1 or for the NW-HD3. I have to admit that I would still consider an iPod, but due to service and customer satisfaction, I prefer Sony.

I would appreciate any opinions as for which one to go.

Thanks in advance

2. Stahlhart!

Stahlhart!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    in my opinion the vgf-ap1 definitely looks nicer but it's way too big and heavy for a mp3 player. i would prefer the hd3 or better the hd1. does the vgf ship with the remote?

3. constantine_jk

constantine_jk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Stahlhart for your reply. Why do you say that you would prefer better the hd1 over the hd3?

I had a look at both of them today and the vgf comes with a remote while the hd3 doesn't. The hd3 is more compact, but the illumination is very low like it's not there. I had a play with all the colours and in temrs of illumination, the black one is the best. I tryied to find if there was a setting for adjusting the illumination but I didn't find any. The sales person in the Sony store said also that the illumination i not really good. Is this really true?

One important thing is the ability of connecting it to an external stereo. The hd3 has a choice in the menu for setting it for this purpose, while the vgf has an output in the cradle but no special menu choice.