1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vegas 5

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jaime, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Jaime

Jaime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I have just loaded the above named trial to edit my mini DV tapes to DVD, however, while looking throught the Help section, I have noticed that this programme doesn't do this?!

Do I need something else, if so what, and how do you get the edited footage into the new programme?

I am looking at this as an alternative to Ulead video studio as it just appears to complicated.

I do like pinnacle, apart from the crashing, and thought I would try this.

I would be very grateful for any help, Ta!

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    IF you want to use Vegas 5 to create DVD's you need the DVD production suite with it.

You either buy standalone Vegas 5
    OR
    Vegas 5 + DVD production suite bundle
    (you can't get DVD production suite seperately)

You could of course use Vegas 5 for video/audio editing (it is an excellent editing program) & then use seperate programs for DVD authoring. Stand alone Vegas 5 contains a MPEG encoder (trial may not though).

The other good extra with DVD production suite is that it includes 5.1 surround pan & mixing plus a Dolby certified 5.1 encoder.

3. Jaime

Jaime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I use other software to write the DVD, how do I get the footage into that programme?

What's happened is, Ihave bought and installed a DVD writer and want to test it, I only have Ulead Video 8 trial, and vegas Trial, call me thick but I can't get the hang of Ulead, can I use windows movie maker to write the DVD?

Thanks!

4. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Are you sure you want to use Vegas 5? Its a few £100 when the time comes to buy.

You are far better off buying Vegas Movie Studio. Its an update of ScreenBlast but contains DVD authoring software at a fraction of the price Vegas 5 goes for.

As for Vegas 5 trail not working, are you IMPORTING the footage? It sould find any AVI files you have on your HD without problems.

I have tried all the other trials too but Vegas Movie Studio is just a dodle to use. It has some very nice effects thrown in too. Im sure this is the programme for you.

The trial version wont let you render AVI to mpeg by the way.

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    Once you have edited the files and added wipes etc you then need to 'export the timeline' to a file on your HDD. When you open a DVD authoring package you then just open this AVI file.

Mark.

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    No, MM can not author a DVD but you can do all the editing and then export the timeline ready to load the AVI file into an authoring program.
    For DVD authoring I use 'Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3' and I think this is very easy to use. It can be downloaded for a free 30 day trial from www.ulead.co.uk and should be a lot simpler to use than their Video Studio software.

Mark.

7. Jaime

Jaime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all of your help!

Some great suggestions that i'm off to try!!