Sony vandalise Halo 3 on Wikipedia

T

TurquoiseShark

not sure if this has been covered, but Sony keep on shooting themselves in the foot........ (this has been taken from planetxbox360)

Sony Vandalize Halo 3 Wikipedia Page
by Matt Gibbs

Sony aren't looking forward to the release of Halo 3 and have even gone so low as to attempt, albeit pathetically, to edit the Wikipedia page for the game. Wikiscanner is a tool that somehow discovers the IP address of people who edited Wikipedia pages. Someone made changes to the Halo 3 page, referring to the graphics of the game, and the IP has been traced back to Sony Stuidos in the UK. Oh the shame!

Halo 3, the third game in the best-selling Xbox game franchise Halo, is a highly anticipated first-person shooter video game under development by Bungie Studios for the Xbox 360 and is expected to "set a new high water mark" for next-generation games, although it wont look any better than Halo 2.

The text in bold was added by Sony. Please... Anyway, the page has been locked down at Wikipedia, so no one else from Sony can come in and vandalize it.

not sure if this has been covered, but Sony keep on shooting themselves in the foot........ (this has been taken from planetxbox360)

Sony Vandalize Halo 3 Wikipedia Page
by Matt Gibbs

Sony aren't looking forward to the release of Halo 3 and have even gone so low as to attempt, albeit pathetically, to edit the Wikipedia page for the game. Wikiscanner is a tool that somehow discovers the IP address of people who edited Wikipedia pages. Someone made changes to the Halo 3 page, referring to the graphics of the game, and the IP has been traced back to Sony Stuidos in the UK. Oh the shame!

Halo 3, the third game in the best-selling Xbox game franchise Halo, is a highly anticipated first-person shooter video game under development by Bungie Studios for the Xbox 360 and is expected to "set a new high water mark" for next-generation games, although it wont look any better than Halo 2.

The text in bold was added by Sony. Please... Anyway, the page has been locked down at Wikipedia, so no one else from Sony can come in and vandalize it.

They're probably right though, from what I've seen it looks the same....

Already posted here yesterday, in the Halo 3 Preview thread post 627!:D

According to this Sony edit a Wikipedia article saying Halo3 will look no better than Halo2.:eek:

Sorry if it's been posted before.

They're probably right though, from what I've seen it looks the same....

Looks the same:laugh: that is meant too be a joke yes! I know sarcasm can easily be lost in a forum post.:rotfl:

Looks the same:laugh: that is meant too be a joke yes! I know sarcasm can easily be lost in a forum post.:rotfl:

To be honest, I was expecting it to look better than it does. However, with Bungie's track record I have no doubt the game will be excellent.

An Idiot That Works In Sony's Liverpool Office Vandalizes Halo 3 Wikipedia Page
I fixed it for you. When written like that, it's a bit of a non-story isn't it.

To be honest, the fidelity and scale of the graphics is much improved but the visual style is still locked to that of Halo: Combat Evolved. Bungie chose lots of flat shiny surfaces because that's what the Xbox did well. It does look a bit dated now. All the self-shadowing, bump-mapping, enviromentally-mapped wotnots in the world aren't going to stop Halo 3 looking like Halo: Shiny Edition.

It's the anticipation of the game that makes me wet; not the graphics.

Sony should worry less about what M$ are doing and get their own house in order.

Sony might've got rid of Ken, but his unprofessionalism seems to live on in Sony's employees. How long before Phil Harrison gets the golden handshake and retirement clock?

Sony should worry less about what M$ are doing and get their own house in order.

Sony might've got rid of Ken, but his unprofessionalism seems to live on in Sony's employees. How long before Phil Harrison gets the golden handshake and retirement clock?

Phil Harrison went to EA months ago?:confused:

It was me. I spoofed their IP and then edited the Wiki page :D

Its a shame that Sony use 1 Corporate IP Address for all external web browsing from each workplace otherwise someone could pin point the actual workstation that made the edit and said named individual.

Sony internal IT Section will however trace this via their internal websence tracker as they will be able to see which staff logon was on Wiki at the stated time of the edit.

So the offending individual will be repremanded or maybe even a dismisal, but we will never know their name.

So the offending individual will be repremanded or maybe even a dismisal, but we will never know their name.

more like a hand shake from the Sony losers

Halo's the most overrated game series in the world. Dunno what all the fuss is about. 1 and 2 were nothing special at all. I'd take HL and HL2 over them anyday

Halo's the most overrated game series in the world. Dunno what all the fuss is about. 1 and 2 were nothing special at all. I'd take HL and HL2 over them anyday

That's funny. I think the same could be said about HL and HL2 :rolleyes:

That's funny. I think the same could be said about HL and HL2 :rolleyes:

It could but then they actually have a compelling storyline as well as compelling characters. They also have interesting gameplay and are just overall a lot of fun. The same can't be said for the Halo franchise. The only thing the Halo franchise has done is make FPS games more accessible on the consoles through it's control system. Other then that the Halo games are pretty much run of the mill with nothing special about them. This is just my opinion of course. ;) :devil:

It could but then they actually have a compelling storyline as well as compelling characters. They also have interesting gameplay and are just overall a lot of fun. The same can't be said for the Halo franchise. The only thing the Halo franchise has done is make FPS games more accessible on the consoles through it's control system. Other then that the Halo games are pretty much run of the mill with nothing special about them. This is just my opinion of course. ;) :devil:

i hope that was a joke.

i hope that was a joke.

No it wasn't. That happens to be my opinion. I don't particularly like the Halo games and I do think they are overrated and overhyped. There really isn't anything compelling or special about them. Personally I find them boring. You can't expect everyone to like them just because they are the biggest thing on the Xbox consoles. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm not the only one who feels that way about the Halo games.

I'm with Moogle personally I think Halo is massively over hyped in general. For me the big plus was playing co-op with friends via split screen as at the time it hadn't really been exploited before. Now of course the Co-op side is a big feature in most games of that ilk on the 360 so one of the most special features of Halo has been diluted. For those who thought Halo looked good on the Xbox then think about Black which was many times nicer looking.

In short Halo is a solid series but it isn't a Half Life, Deus Ex, Bioshock beater in my eyes. And for the record I did buy both Halo 1 & 2 and will be buying 3 on release day. As stated earlier in this thread the graphics will not matter so much for this game but they must give more value for money than Halo 2's single player game.

I may get Halo3 just for the multiplayer but im in no rush, atleast when it does come out all the idiots will play that and leave all us decent folk to enjoy Gears.

I agree totally, like Halo but there are many better FPS imo.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom