Sony VAIO VPCF23Z1E

aydin

Established Member
Reaction score
what do you think of this laptop,tesco is selling it for £750.00 else where its £1600 to £1700.cant find reviews for it,is it a missprice.

Last edited:
I've been looking at this one too and cant see any real difference between TESCO's and the others at the greater price mark...

it looks like its sold out.need to get a laptop, its either asus n55, samsung 7 chronos which is £1000 which i feel its not worth it. or wait for the new hp envy which might have a ips panel which is relased on 07/12/2011 in usa dont know the uk relase date.

New to the forum but ...

I purchased the said Laptop online and went to collect on Saturday from Tesco..handed over a laptop and paid for it checked the Laptop was a much cheaper i5 model so handed back. However the product was then shown out of stock. Guy at counter siad that a few things were "mispriced" phoned customer services who indeed admitted they have had a few calls about this product..told me they were out of stock and would notify me by e-mail when they were back in....not holding my breath!

New to the forum but ...

I purchased the said Laptop online and went to collect on Saturday from Tesco..handed over a laptop and paid for it checked the Laptop was a much cheaper i5 model so handed back. However the product was then shown out of stock. Guy at counter siad that a few things were "mispriced" phoned customer services who indeed admitted they have had a few calls about this product..told me they were out of stock and would notify me by e-mail when they were back in....not holding my breath!

What model did they give you?

Sony Vaio EH1S8E/B Laptop (4GB, 500GB, 15.5" Display)

Catalogue number: 212-2611

And to top it off the laptop they dispatched was a lesser price than the 749 I paid.

I wonder if they will ever show the model I ordered back in stock.... and actually honour the £749 price shown on the website for a £1700 laptop

New to the forum but ...

Thanks for the info.
Going to pick one up tonight so will check carefully - I'm guessing I'll get the same story...

I will be interested to see how you get on...not sure by me returning the laptop was the best move but i didn't really want have paid £750 for a laptop I didnt want.

They gave me a VAIO VPCCB3P1E/B. I opened the bag to check it in the shop.
This one is a cheaper model as well (worth less than I had paid for it), and the box looked like it had been opened.

What are Tesco playing at? Wonder if anyone actually received the VPCF23Z1E?

The only (easy) option was to get a refund...

Sorry the same has happened to you! What did the store say? Have you spoke to customer services?

Because it was now out of stock, they said I could either take the one I had been given (no!) or have a refund and re-order when/if in stock, which I did ie got refund.
Haven't contacted customer services yet.
I can't understand how they could unknowingly send out the wrong laptop to multiple people - I wonder how many other people got the wrong one?

I also got the wrong one.
I think they realised that the laptop has been priced at the incorrect price and they fulfiiled the orders with a laptop nearest to the price that was paid for the original one that was ordered

I also got the wrong one.
I think they realised that the laptop has been priced at the incorrect price and they fulfiiled the orders with a laptop nearest to the price that was paid for the original one that was ordered

Sorry to hear that someone else has had the same experience.
What model did you get? Spoke to customer services today who said that they had been sent the wrong details for the model by Sony. I pointed out that if that was the case then how come (at least) two of us had had received two different, wrong models... Would perhaps have made sense if the laptops we got were the same type, but not what we ordered. Hope that makes sense!

They delivered this model to the store for me to pick up VAIO VPCCB3P1E/B.
If they were not going to despatch the model we ordered, why were we not contacted by email/phone and given an option of models availableor cancelling the order?

Tesco have now taken this model of their web site. So I don't think you will be receiving your email ,Smashers.
The only model no they now have on their site is Sony Vaio VPCF23Z1E/B

Hi guys,

I've had the same problem with this order. I've been in touch with trading standards and it looks like we have a good case for honouring the deal.

At the moment Tesco have been fobbing us off by telling us the Sony VAIO VPCF23Z1E laptop that we brought for £749 is a different laptop to the Sony Vaio F23Z1E/BI which they are selling on there website for the higher price of £1799.

This is not true at all the full model for this laptop is:

VPCF23Z1E/BI.CEK
EAN: 4905524811940

If you do a product search on the official sony website for both VPCF23Z1E or F23Z1E/BI you'll see both searches bring back the SAME LAPTOP with model no VPCF23Z1E/BI.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

Furthermore if you compare the product specification for the vaio laptop on the Official website and compare it to the product specification they provided us on the original Tesco listing for the vaio priced at £749 which they later removed they are IDENTICAL down to the physical dimensions of the laptop.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/vn-f-series/vpcf23z1e

There are 2 clauses in Tesco terms and conditions which support are case

http://direct.tesco.com/help/directtermsandconditions.aspx

1. Descriptions, prices and product information section it says

"If, by mistake, we have under priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price. If you decide not to order the item, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that item in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below

4. Payment and Acceptance states:

Your order is an offer to buy from us. Nothing that we do or say will amount to any acceptance of that offer until we actually dispatch an item to you, at [/SIZE][/FONT]
which point a contract will be made between us."

Therefore in simple terms we made an offer to Tesco to buy the Sony Vaio VPCF23Z1E as described on there website for £749.

Tesco ACCEPTED our offer to buy the laptop for £749 when they dispatched the laptops to us and this point a contract was made between us.

Had there packing team sent out the correct laptop in the first place this transaction would be complete but unfortunatly for us they have sent us the wrong laptop and therefore they now need to send us the correct item as per our contract.

Finally had Tesco made any error with the price or description they had the opportunity to inform us PRIOR TO DISPATCHING the laptop to us. Obviously this has not happened.

Tesco are aware that they have breached the Sales of goods act and distance selling regulations thats why they are trying there luck at telling us the laptops discontinued hoping we request a refund which would terminate the contract and let the off scott free.

So my advice is don't accept the refund, tell them you know that its the same laptop and its not been discontinued at all. It's available for sale on the Sony website so if they are out of stock order my stock in because I expect you to honour the deal as expected.

At the end of the day if we brought the laptop and realised it was cheaper else where after the 28 days return policy they'd just tell us sorry tough luck you had 28 days to return your laptop now we can't do anything.

With that same token Tesco had the opportunity to cancel the order or inform us about any errors with the price prior to dispatch, that didn't happen so tough luck now they need to honour the deal.

Paul Henry is the head of customer services who is personally dealing with this issue you can reach him by calling 08000 720 297 then ask for Supervisor Paul Henry regarding this order.

If anyone calls you telling you sorry we've had to cancel your order because its discontinued don't accept the refund, tell them you want to speak to Paul Henry then stick to your guns and use the information provided above to fight your corner.

Also fire a quick email to your local Trading Standards to explain whats gone for support.

Don't forget the Sales of good act and distance selling regulations are there to protect us consumers as well as the retailers.

Good luck guys!

WOW what a team talk haha!

Last edited:
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Just saved me in time................thank's a milliion bro..after got the same issue and frustrated after spoken to the customer care ,just few minutes before i was going to give the laptop back and get back refund,luckly i checked the mail before iam leaving..got u r brilliant ,detailed answer...
As you have said earlier they are telling all the useless answers(its not available anymore in the store..etc) to get rid of us,monday morning first job to phone them and let u know what's happening,thank's once again for providing valubale information for all those affected guys..take care bro:hiya:
Hi guys,

I've had the same problem with this order. I've been in touch with trading standards and it looks like we have a good case for honouring the deal.

At the moment Tesco have been fobbing us off by telling us the Sony VAIO VPCF23Z1E laptop that we brought for £749 is a different laptop to the Sony Vaio F23Z1E/BI which they are selling on there website for the higher price of £1799.

This is not true at all the full model for this laptop is:

VPCF23Z1E/BI.CEK
EAN: 4905524811940

If you do a product search on the official sony website for both VPCF23Z1E or F23Z1E/BI you'll see both searches bring back the SAME LAPTOP with model no VPCF23Z1E/BI.

Support for Sony product | Technical Support : Sony, Technical support

Furthermore if you compare the product specification for the vaio laptop on the Official website and compare it to the product specification they provided us on the original Tesco listing for the vaio priced at £749 which they later removed they are IDENTICAL down to the physical dimensions of the laptop.

VPCF23Z1E (VPCF23Z1E, VPCF23Z1E/BI.CEK) : Technical Specifications : VAIO & computing : Sony

There are 2 clauses in Tesco terms and conditions which support are case

Tesco Direct Product Terms & Conditions - Tesco.Direct

1. Descriptions, prices and product information section it says

"If, by mistake, we have under priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price. If you decide not to order the item, we will give you a full refund on any amount already paid for that item in accordance with our refund policy in section 7 below

4. Payment and Acceptance states:

Your order is an offer to buy from us. Nothing that we do or say will amount to any acceptance of that offer until we actually dispatch an item to you, at [/SIZE][/FONT]
which point a contract will be made between us."

Therefore in simple terms we made an offer to Tesco to buy the Sony Vaio VPCF23Z1E as described on there website for £749.

Tesco ACCEPTED our offer to buy the laptop for £749 when they dispatched the laptops to us and this point a contract was made between us.

Had there packing team sent out the correct laptop in the first place this transaction would be complete but unfortunatly for us they have sent us the wrong laptop and therefore they now need to send us the correct item as per our contract.

Finally had Tesco made any error with the price or description they had the opportunity to inform us PRIOR TO DISPATCHING the laptop to us. Obviously this has not happened.

Tesco are aware that they have breached the Sales of goods act and distance selling regulations thats why they are trying there luck at telling us the laptops discontinued hoping we request a refund which would terminate the contract and let the off scott free.

So my advice is don't accept the refund, tell them you know that its the same laptop and its not been discontinued at all. It's available for sale on the Sony website so if they are out of stock order my stock in because I expect you to honour the deal as expected.

At the end of the day if we brought the laptop and realised it was cheaper else where after the 28 days return policy they'd just tell us sorry tough luck you had 28 days to return your laptop now we can't do anything.

With that same token Tesco had the opportunity to cancel the order or inform us about any errors with the price prior to dispatch, that didn't happen so tough luck now they need to honour the deal.

Paul Henry is the head of customer services who is personally dealing with this issue you can reach him by calling 08000 720 297 then ask for Supervisor Paul Henry regarding this order.

If anyone calls you telling you sorry we've had to cancel your order because its discontinued don't accept the refund, tell them you want to speak to Paul Henry then stick to your guns and use the information provided above to fight your corner.

Also fire a quick email to your local Trading Standards to explain whats gone for support.

Don't forget the Sales of good act and distance selling regulations are there to protect us consumers as well as the retailers.

Good luck guys!

WOW what a team talk haha!

Hi did anyone get anywhere with customer services? Ive seen the laptop has been removed from the website. im going to phone again and just wondered if anyone had any success?

The picture in the link from camyuser is of the original F series machine not of the one they are now offering.

VPCCB3P1E (VPCCB3P1E, VPCCB3P1E/B.CEK) : Technical Specifications : VAIO & computing : Sony

The link to the Sony Vaio website shows what it should look like and check the price.:suicide:
So that means Tesco's price comparison is still for the original model advertised which did sell at £1700.
Sony Vaio F23Z1E 16 inch Laptop (Intel i7 2.2GHz Processor, RAM 8GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) Hard Drive Capacity 640GB- Carbon Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
(i7 not i5)

Tesco seem to think they can get away with pulling a fast one again just because they're so big. :facepalm:Do we all look stupid ? :lease:Anyway you can get this model cheaper elsewhere.
Sony VAIO VPCCB3P1E/B VPCCB3P1E/B.CEK

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier schwarzennegger, I only just saw your messages today when I logged on so I thought I'd just reply of the forum to update everyone else too.

I actually collected my laptop a few weeks ago. Paul Henry gave me a call on Monday 5th Dec and told me he'll be honouring the deal for me and I collected it a few days later.

The best thing is I also recieved 1799 club card points as well as the749 pts for my original order...Great Result!

If you haven't yet recieved a refund I suggest you guys call and speak to Paul Henry directly and stick to your guns on this one...good luck!

If you haven't yet recieved a refund I suggest you guys call and speak to Paul Henry directly and stick to your guns on this one...good luck!

I already got a refund...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom