SONY VAIO VGN-NS10J - how much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Nanope, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Nanope

Nanope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have just upgraded my laptop so I'm looking to sell my trusty VAIO, model number is vgn-ns10j spec on sony website

I've upgraded the HDD to 500GB and done a fresh install of windows 7 (would come with the disc) it's in fairly good condition with no scratches on the screen, just a bit worn out where my wrists rest while typing.

does anyone know how much it's worth? I paid 4 or £500 back in 2007/8.
    ebay results for completed listings don't show that exact model, only one with a slightly faster processor, that went for just over £100.

thanks!

2. trjp

trjp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    eBay is your best possible guide for what you're likely to get, even if they're similar models (or even similarly specced models from other manufacturers).

Given it's spec I'd say between £90 and £150 seems about right but value is very much in the eye of the beholder.

Remember that people can get a warranted refurb of similar spec for £150-180 so your unwarranted private sale will usually sit under that (but eBay being eBay, you never know - Vaios can be quite popular)

3. Nanope

Nanope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking, just wanted some confirmation! thanks for your input.