Sony Vaio Vgf-ap1l, Nw-hd3 Or Nw-hd5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Genesis, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Genesis

Genesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have all the above on my short list has anyone opinions on which one to go for? The VAIO VGF-AP1L and NW-HD3 are now available heavily discounted.

2. Pyrobob83

Pyrobob83

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The VGF-AP1L is significantly different from the other two in that it has photo capabilities (inc. a color LCD) and 40gigs. If photos aren't a major requirement, I'd suggest scratching it from the shortlist. Out of the NW-HD3 and the NW-HD5, the HD5 wins hands down for me. If space is an issue, get the HD5H with the extra 10gb. I'm very happy with my HD5H.

3. Genesis

Genesis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I understand the physical difference between the players just querious about any other differences ie sound quality. :cool:

4. Uridium

Uridium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,855
    If you shop around you can pick up a HD3 for £130 at the moment while people still have stock. I thought long and hard whether the HD5 was £60 better than the HD3....

So I bought a HD3 at the weekend and am certainly not disappointed, the cash I saved against the HD5has now bought me an LCD remote, soem decent phones (MDR-EX71) and a Case for the HD3.

As for the 10Gb extra space on the HD5H....I've already copied hundreds of albums onto my HD3 and stil have 10+Gb left

5. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I owned a Vaio Pocket for 8 months, until I replaced it with an HD5 and the sound quality is in a total different league to the HD series. It is honestly many, many times better!. The HD series has a slight hiss when you switch it on, the Vaio Pocket has amazing crystal clear sound.

The Vaio can play mp3's perfectly seamless (with the new firmware upgrade from www.vaio-link.com), the HD5 can't...

I miss sitting on the plane when off somewhere and going through my albums, while listening to music. The vaio is not much bigger than an 4th Gen iPod 20 Gig (2 or 3mm either way) but about 30gms heavier.

The controls take alot to get used to but when you are familiar with them, it is fine. It has a high resolution screen the screen on the HD5 is well...hmm...no comment.

When I went to South Africa, the fact that I had a Cyber-Shot cam and a Vaio allowed me to link the two up without a computer and I therefore brought over 1 000 high resolution pictures of 5 million pixels each home - no memerory stick would have coped...

I do miss my Vaio Pocket loads... :)