1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vaio Pocket Vgfap1l Sound Limiter Issues Like On The Sony Nwhd1 / Nwhd3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by SCO7T, Jun 5, 2005.

1. SCO7T

SCO7T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    hi all
    i recently changed my sony nwhd1 for a sony vaio pocket VGFAP1L due to the looks design and the very impressive lcd screen,
    i know with the sony nwhd1 you could go into the secret menus and turn off the sound limiter, this increased the sound output by around 40%
    does anybody know if the sound limiter can be switched off on the sony vaio VGFAP1L. i remember seeing a listing the other day that said just go into the set up menu but i cannot find anything to do with the sound limit,
    all i can see is the beep on/off and the avsl on/off.
    i have updated the firmware now on version 3.0.0C171F
    hope someone can
    hope someone can :lease: help
    regards
    scott lewis

2. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The other member was referring to the AVLS when he directed you to switch it off in the player. I own a vaio pocket and i'm not aware of any code to get into a service menu for the vaio. The only advice I can give you is to order some in-ear headphones from an American site. On top of limitations placed on the actual players sold in the EU, laws further limit the volume on headphones as well - I find that with in-ear headphones from outside of the EU you should get an almost too loud to handle volume out of your vaio...

3. SCO7T

SCO7T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    many thanks for you swift reply
    when you say non eu in- ear headphones are you refering to the type that come with the pocket vaio with the little round buds that just sit inside your ear
    this may seem a silly question but want to make sure
    will also wait a week or so before ordering any to see if anybody else comes up with the secret menu
    thanks anyway
    regards
    scott lewis :thumbsup:

4. johann1979

johann1979
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - i was sort of just loosely refering to any headphones that fit inside your ear canal. I have cheapo Sony in-ear headphones, but the type that sits over your head with a band and then fits into your ears, and I can't listen to my vaio on full volume it would hurt my ears... I hope you get it sorted :)

One day when I can afford it, unlikely as am a student now, I guess I would like to have some Shure EC5's...