1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony va555es upgraded plays 6.1dts but not 5.1dts

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by I am maximus, Mar 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi all
    I had my 555es fixed about a month ago it then played 6.1dts discrete discs fine and still does after lots of tests tonight,I thought I would watch American Beauty region 1 in dts the sound keeps dropping out in 5.1dts but not Dolby digital so I tried various region one dts discs in 5.1 they all dropped the sound for a second then came back on, Dolby digital no problems!!!!!!
    All of my 6.1 discs play fine in dts ,I have tried using different leads ,devices i.e x-box still the same problem before packing it off to Sony can all u 555es owners firmware version 1.74 please check to see that u can play 5.1dts and let me know many thanks in advance.I am aware that discs like Road to Perdition etc are playing up in general anyway but have tried with many discs still with the same outcome Thanks I am maximus

2. Lester

Lester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Not sure if this'll reassure you, but...

I watched Last of the Mohicans R1 dts5.1 the other week and didn't notice any problems with firmware v1.74

3. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I will check some out, and post ASAP...........

4. Mattk

Mattk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I upgraded my amp myself to 1.74 and I have no problems with 5.1 DTS titles. :confused:

5. WhiskyCorner

WhiskyCorner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As a STRVA555ES expert, I hope you may be able to help answer a question I have.

I run a Sony DVPNS999ES through my STRVA555ES to 10 Sony Tan55ES power amps (yes, I know its excessive - but the sound is sublime). I was using an old sony CRT widescreen TV for visuals, but this recently gave up the ghost, and was promptly replaced by the new 40 inch Sony Bravia W series LCD.

Here is where the problems begin - while sound and vision were perfectly synchronised with the old TV, the image on the new LCD lags slightly behind the sound through the STRVA555ES - very annoying to watch!

Is there some way I can slow the STRVA555ES output down a fraction to re-synch sound & vision?

Any assistence greatly received,
    All the Best,
    John