Sony V4000 sound output's

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by bubs999, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bubs999

bubs999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +634
    My 40" V4000 is currently setup to Output its sound through my Panasonic SA-HT500 Home Cinema System. It outputs the TV sound via the audio out next to the scart, to the TV Audio in on the rear of the Panasonic. This works fine as the Sky+ system is connected via Scart.

My PS3 is connected via HDMI, in port 2. According to the TV manual, I should be able to connect an audio lead from the jack socket next to HDMI 2, into my Panasonic (I have it going to the VCR/Aux In phono sockets). The sound from this does not work, I only seem to get the sound from the TV. (The manual stated this was the way to connect up equipment which only had DVI input, I figured it should work for normal HDMI aswell)

Can anyone offer any suggestions to get this working? I want the sound to come from the TV Speakers and the Home Cinema System, as when watching blu rays I would like the Sub Woofer etc.

The cable I am using is a 2 Audio to 1 Audio cable (don't know the specific names of the connectors)

Thanks
    Neil

2. alsina

alsina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +605
    If you feed sound into the tv via HDMI, there is no way of getting that sound sent back out to a home cinema system. You will have to connect the sound directly from the PS3 to the home cinema.

3. bubs999

bubs999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +634
    Thats a real pain in the backside.

I guess I have 2 options then

1) Buy a new Amp and speakers (quite costly option)
    2) Run the audio phono from the PS3 Scart to the amp and just keep changing the settings each time I want it different

Thanks for the quick reply :)

4. StevieBuck

StevieBuck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +674
    I think you've picked this up wrong from the manual. DVI doesn't transmit audio, so you also need to hook up an audio cable for sound. The connection which you are referring to is so you can input audio to the TV when using a DVI -> HDMI connection, not for outputting sound to an amp or whatever.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  5. bubs999

bubs999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +634
    No you mention it, I think I did miss read it :D

I've set it up through the PS3 now, I just have to change it over when I don't want the Home Cinema to be used (thats until I can convince the Wife to let me buy a new AMP and SUB, only took me 3 years to get the TV :eek: )