1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony V with mac and ps3

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by acollins, Oct 20, 2005.

1. acollins

acollins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how would i be able to connect a Mac Mini and an PS3 to the Sony V series LCD, I believe the only input they can use is the HDMI of which the Sony only has 1.

Thanks

2. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Unfortunately, the Sony V isn't designed with PC/Mac connectivity in mind, as it has no VGA input and the HDMI socket has overscan.

As for PS3; HDMI.

3. acollins

acollins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    should i be looking for an lcd which has a VGA and HDMI if i want to connect a Mac and a PS3?

Thanks

4. xprezz

xprezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    connect your PS3 with component, I am sure it will have component output. Or better yet get an Xbox360 :p

5. acollins

acollins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for you replies, I am still a bit unsure as to what connections I will need

It is difficult to choose an LCD(or even a Plasma) if you dont know what connectors the source will have, I am talking SkyHD, PS3, Xbox360. none of which are out yet. (no doubt i will get at least of the above.)

I currently have Sky+, PS2, DVD(with component), gamecube, (will also need to be able to connect video), soon be getting a macmini for internet, photos, itunes etc).

I seem to choose a screen, then find something on it i'm not sure about and change my mind, don't know if i will ever get one at this rate.

6. xprezz

xprezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this will be a problem with most of the screens that are out at the moment. I plan to solve it with a receiver that handles both component and HDMI. They are slowly starting to hit the market and JVC and Philips have some that arent too expensive either.

7. gateway2k

gateway2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    A mac Mini will connect to the V series using a DVI to HDMI cable, see V series thread.
    G