1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony V Tannoy

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Brian H, Apr 28, 2001.

1. Brian H

Brian H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello...I'm thinking of sticking my current front speakers (Sony 176Es, floorstanders) onto my rears and replacing the fronts with the Tannoy MX3s (my centre speaker is the Tannoy MC) does anyone reckon this will be a good move..are the Tannoys' really that good for movies & music in practice as they say in the magazines - do you think there will be a noticeable improvement in quality - all opinions welcome...cheers

2. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    Brian,
    I bought the Tannoy M3's from an independent tv and hi-fi shop.The sales assistant who I had bought them off happened to get talking and said he owned the Sony 176's but was thinking of changing to the Tannoys.He asked me to return a verdict aftera few weeks of owning the Tannoys which I did to him...they are excellent budget speakers.He purchased the Tannoy to replace the Sony's and later when I was in the shop again he thanked me as he felt the Tannoy was a much better sounding speaker with plenty of power and bass.Hope this helps...?

:) swartzy :)

3. Brian H

Brian H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply - that sounds most encouraging!!

4. matthew jenner

matthew jenner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Sony save 705 pascal speaker system, what i want to know isas i have the sony db930 cinema amp - it has 2 inputs for subs, i would like to keep all my speakers matching, but it seems i can only get the sub as part of a package when all i want is just the matching sub, any ideas of where i can get hold of one ? :D

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have met very few people who have been dissapointed with Tannoy speakers. They are always good value. To my ears the mx3 sounds cleaner than the mx4. More refined maybe.

Steve