Sony User Self Help Group

Chubster

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get a real complex with regards my choice of camera brand to such extent that it is effecting my ability to actually go out and take pics. I even found myself lurking in the shadowy bushes as two "togs" came past with camera straps blazoned with Canon and Nikon - they were obviously pro's

So I set this up for a place - a safe haven - where we can all come and help each other - where we can discuss our perceived inadequacies and discuss how we can get help.

BUT before you can participate and free yourself from this terrible turmoil you have to face your demons...therefore..

I am Chub and I OWN a SONY

Last edited:
Cant believe Im doing this......

I am twist and I have a problem, I own a Sony.

But wait, theres light at the end of the tunnel, no longer do we have to suffer from strap shame my fellow people .....

Nikon Black & Yellow Genuine Camera Strap | eBay UK

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Other people can't help it if they buy inferior branded gear. Live long and prosper :laugh:

Just because I own a Mondeo, doesn't want to make make and go and buy a Mercedes, 'cos I'm happy with what I've got and I don't covet anything else.

Here endeth the lesson.

Hi Twist....Well done, you have taken the first step !

'cos I'm happy with what I've got and I don't covet anything else.

Except a f4 prime of course.....:D

Would you like to share with the group your particular illness ?

...and there was me thinking that's what the Alpha thread was for Chubbie :devil:

Jim

Personally speaking, when I look at photos posted here\TP\flickr etc, the absolutely last thing I think about is the make and model of camera used to make the image. I'm far most interested in the end result.

I think there are a number of people that are far too hung up on brands and defending what they think is the best choice of camera. Interestingly, a lot of these same people hardly ever seem to share their photos, so I can only assume they prefer talking about cameras as opposed to actually getting out and using them. It's one of the reasons I visit here (as well as other forums) a lot less these days.

...and there was me thinking that's what the Alpha thread was for Chubbie :devil:

Jim

No no no...This group is to try and help us out of the mess we find ourselves in through no fault of our own.

Now repeat after me...My name is Jim and Im a......

Following on from Twists excellent Self Help strap remedy I have scoured the internet for others...So far I have only come up with this. Please be careful though, this is a permanent fix and there is no going back.....If you need to discuss it, we are here

Following on from Twists excellent Self Help strap remedy I have scoured the internet for others...So far I have only come up with this. Please be careful though, this is a permanent fix and there is no going back.....If you need to discuss it, we are here

N60? - that the new Nikon one then ? :devil:

Jim

I've had 3 of the 5 main brands, Sony, Olympus and now Pentax and at no point have I ever felt ashamed of having any of them.
Each system has their own strengths and weaknesses and to be honest I think some of the lure of having the three systems has been partly that they aren't Nikon or Canon.
Its hard to go wrong these days with any of the current DSLR lineup from Sony, Olympus, Canon, Nikon or Pentax so people should get over it and keep shooting!

^^^^^^^^....See my fellow Sony sufferers...there is HOPE. Be Strong

Last edited:
I've been a Minolta user since the 1980's, I have it bad...

I've been a Minolta user since the 1980's, I have it bad...

Never heard of them, must be rubbish. Do they even have a camera strap or just come with a bit of string to hang round your neck?

Never heard of them, must be rubbish. Do they even have a camera strap?

Yeah, Minolta and their new-fangled auto-focus SLRs...:D

Can I join?

I would start my own self help group but I cant find any other Pentax users. :lease:

Mike.P®;14561427 said:
Can I join?

I would start my own self help group but I cant find any other Pentax users. :lease:

Thats coz Pentax sucks even worse than Sony :rotfl: :rotfl:

Welcome to the party Mike.

Mike.P®;14561427 said:
Can I join?

Pah! Pentax users are beyond help, they are the spawn of the Devil. :rotfl:

Out of interest I totalled up the value of my "budget" Pentax gear and it comes to nearly 8K.

Would that buy me a mid range Nikon/Canon?

Mike.P®;14561451 said:
Out of interest I totalled up the value of my "budget" Pentax gear and it comes to nearly 8K.

It'll buy you a lens, you'd need to double it if you wanted a stabilised lens though.

Mike.P®;14561451 said:

That should just about get you one of their straps. Can perhaps use it round your neck for your car keys.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom