1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOny UK new models announcement

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Chris Muriel, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    At last, a 32-inch HD CRT TV with HDMI (closest to date seems to be the Samsung)...

"Sony is pleased to announce the launch of three exciting new flatscreen Television ranges. Available from August 1st these high-style ranges offer models that are both High Definition and Digital ready so you can be sure you will be able to receive all the latest broadcast developments.

High Definition TV provides 5 x the resolution of standard TV, reproducing colour, movement and form so successfully that it is now used to film many of the major blockbuster movies. Sky will begin broadcasting in High Definition early in 2006. Sony is leading the development of High Definition technology by introducing flatscreen TVs, camcorder products and 3LCD projectors for a fully compatible home experience.

The first of the new ranges is the S Series, a perfect option for those consumers converting from a traditional CRT model to a flatscreen model. The S Series comes in 19", 23", 26" and 32" screens that include a wide viewing angle and tilt and swivel screen for improved viewing. The 23", 26" and 32" S Series models are Digital ready and the 32" is High Definition ready and features a High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) than transmits digital information without signal interference. A 40" S series screen will be launching in October.

For classic Sony style check out the new V Series, the 26", 32" and 40" screen use advanced LCD technology, while the largest V Series screen utilizes a 42" Plasma display. All V Series models include High Resolution image processors that emulate a High Definition picture from an standard definition source and Virtual Dolby Surround Pro Logic II for a surround sound effect. All V Series models are Digital and High Definition ready and are equipped with an HDMI interface, through this connection the V Series panels can integrate with all HD devices."

So the 32-inch S-series adds another option for those who don't want LCD or plasma.

Chris Muriel, manchester

2. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    In what way is Sony "leading the development of High Definition technology" ;)

Nice they finally decided being HD-Ready is a good idea :) Will be good to see what they're like.

3. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +918
    dont hold your breath the s range is not very good quality,they dont have the wega engine technology,and the hdmi socket is on the side :eek: the v range is due in any time,and the new 3lcd is due in sept :thumbsup:

4. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +918

oh and sorry to burst your bubble there is no 32"crt the s range is lcd range,sony dont have any plans to bring out any crt tv's thats HD,they have just spent billions on a huge factory to build lcd's the biggest of its kind,they will be pulling out of making crt and plasma in a couple of years time ;)

5. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Beat me to it. S series is LCD, not CRT.

6. Eiji

Eiji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I think that made it obvious that the statement is about LCDs.

Who'd want to tilt and swivel a 50KG TV :lesson:

7. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    That will teach me not to speed-read .

I thought (at a glance) that I'd discovered a 32-inch CRT coming with HDMI and HD ready.

I'm glad I posted it so that the rest of you could sanity check it - proves that I am not sane :(

Chris Muriel, Manchester