Sony UBP X700 picture stutter on Prime app?

(GTV)Chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Using the Sony to play Blu ray discs and also for the apps, Netflix and Prime.
Something odd is happening on Amazon prime playback, every now and then the picture has a very quick little stutter where the picture seems to throw a half frame sideways, like a little bounce. It doesn't seem to be there on Netflix or playing discs.
It's been fine recently and has been only doing it for the past several days. I've not changed anything.
Sometimes its fine, but if I pause it and then play it a few mins later, it seems to be there again.
Any ideas?
Best wishes
Chris

I’ve sometimes seen that on my x700 using Netflix, but more of a slo-motion effect. Power cycling seems to clear it, but once or twice I had to pull mains power to clear it.

Upvote 0
Thank you, I'll reboot it fully and maybe even take the HDMI cable out for an hour as I know that can help :)

Upvote 0
Tried the reboot and even swapped a cable, but it came back on Prime only. It's really odd.
It sticks around for like twenty mins and then seems to go away?

Upvote 0
I wonder if a factory reset would sort it? Oddly, my player last night decided that Youtube and iPlayer were no longer supported applications in my apps. list, yet I could add them back and run them without issue. The joys if technology...

Upvote 0
Lol. Yes I may try a reset. Good shout.
I've also emailed Sony for an answer.... So I'll wait with baited breath for that!!

Upvote 0
Yes, good luck with that. New firmware might be the answer, but the current/latest version dates back to 03/2019, as I recall.

Upvote 0
Yes, good luck with that. New firmware might be the answer, but the current/latest version dates back to 03/2019, as I recall.
Hi,
Yes, my firmware was all up to date. It happened last night for only the first five mins and then disappeared. It's so annoying.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom