Sony ubp x700 4K player upscalling query

deaf old sod

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all slightly off topic I purchased a Sony ps3 slim last week from cex who sell 2nd hand consoles like ps3/Xbox and so on.
also picked up a few cheapo blue ray and couple of ps3 games.

I have a lot off videos on flash memory sticks and hard drives ,my newish Samsung 4K tv does not seem to recognise a lot of my videos, will not play a I files.
£
today I bought the Sony x700 from j on Lewis at £189. I also considered the Panasonic model which was £99 but has no inbuilt apps .

reading the reviews of Sony x700 most give positive views as regards picture quality,

ii wanted to use the Sony with my usb sticks and external hard drives to play videos ie half descent mp4 (being upscale
d to 4 k resolution and maybe purchase some ultra dvds.

on getting the the Sony home and trying a 32 gig flash drive ( which plays on Samsung tv ok ) nearly All videos were not listed using the USB port, a 500gig and 1 tb drive did not seem to be recognised either.
A powered external drive ,was ok but the videos seemed poorer in quality than being played using the TVs own USB port.

not sure if I have missed something in settings, I was given a ultra demo disk of Independence Day but have not tried any dvds with Sony as yet. PS3 playback of videos seems better than using the x700. Have not tried different hdmi leads.

thank you all some advise needed from members who have same player. Also coax and not optical out

I've got an x700 - plays back fine with USBs - depending on the quality of the video on the USB in the first place of course.

I'd suggest you have a look on the owner's thread and see what others have put re. settings, leads etc Sony UBP-X700 Owners Thread

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom