Sony UBP-X1100ES 4K Blu-ray Player Review & Comments

I had bought it for $599.00 + tax at BB, returned it cause I found for $403.00 on line COLAMCO saved $250.00. The let downs are: Only 3 apps w/o possibility of adding more. Dolby Vision disables your TV screen settings. I found to be dark in some movies, but over all am getting used to it. Other than that, the machine is a superb technological HDR player and for the price I got it I don't care about adding more apps, unless SONY decides to release firmware that will allow more app to be added.

I had bought it for $599.00 + tax at BB, returned it cause I found for $403.00 on line COLAMCO saved $250.00. The let downs are: Only 3 apps w/o possibility of adding more. Dolby Vision disables your TV screen settings. I found to be dark in some movies, but over all am getting used to it. Other than that, the machine is a superb technological HDR player and for the price I got it I don't care about adding more apps, unless SONY decides to release firmware that will allow more app to be added.

Dolby Vision does that because those are the ‘settings’ which Dolby has determined are the most accurate. Broadly speaking. Not the players fault as such.

If the player can't ouput 25 or 50 fps, then what frame rate are PAL movies ouput at?
Is this a thing only with Sony players? It's hard to find any info on which frame rates different players support. Are there any players which can output all of the different formats (24/30/60/25/50)?

I have just bought an X1100ES. Does anyone know how I can make it Region free to play my Region 1 DVDs?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom