Sony UBP-X1000ES UHD Blu-ray Player

And a picture:
UBP-X1000ES-side-blog.jpg

Well if i had to buy id go for a X box one S
£250.00 and a game to sell on and your in to 4k world and hdr etc
And a not bad looking unit complete with a 4k optical drive .

i smell another over priced machine from sony my guess £600+ im sure companies don't want people to get into 4k disks

It looks like it's based on the UHP-H1, which is about £400 I think. An additional £200 ish for UHD Blu-ray seems plausible. Although not necessarily reasonable ;)

You will get SACD and DVD-Audio compatibility though, which none of the currently available machines offer.

It looks like it's based on the UHP-H1, which is about £400 I think. An additional £200 ish for UHD Blu-ray seems plausible.
don't forget the £100 FOR ES badge :)

image.jpeg

Not a bad looking 4k player and would look good under any home cinema system prob the cheapest 4K player about .

Very tempted to get one .

Given how prevalent Oppo are amongst custom installers it seems as though that's the market Sony intends to try and muscle in on. It'll be interesting to see whether Oppo manage to actually get their player out before next Spring and how the prices compare.

Nex
Given how prevalent Oppo are amongst custom installers it seems as though that's the market Sony intends to try and muscle in on. It'll be interesting to see whether Oppo manage to actually get their player out before next Spring and how the prices compare.

Next spring for new oppo ?
That long away ......
Thought be xmas time for extra sales .

It be 8k by then ;)

Well they've certainly been targeting Dec/Jan, so hopefully they will meet that target. It's the player I am holding out for nevertheless.

Ive had so many dvd / blu ray players over the years and spent thousands of pounds and may stick to the Nvidia Shield 4K .

It seems to get updated and now HDR etc

Cant see sony blu ray 4K players etc getting that kinda updates there dropped support after a few years .

More interesting in what they didn't say than what they did. Sounds more like an oppo market play than an alternative to Panny or Sammy.

For an Oppo play I would want to know how good a streaming player it is.

So I am thinking £800 and no DV option. SACD maybe but who wants SACD these days?

SACD maybe but who wants SACD these days?

I do :D

I have been waiting for Oppo/Marantz/Denon/Sony to announce their players on the assumption that they would include SACD support. Appreciate I am probably in a minority who care though.

I still use SACD, so your not the only one.

No mention of Dolby Vision, I see.

This sounds like it's going to be very expensive, and it's still a long way off. Sony did hint that they were going to announce two new UHD players around the time of Cedia, so perhaps there's still an entry-level player on the way.

if the price rumours are true that the new oppo will be £1600 that is a lot of money just for better audio side of things and a better upscaling of your old dvd collection because that's what you will be watching when you have spent thousands on the tv and the 4k player let's face it we all could dump that collection and never think about it again ,sony are trying to get in on the high price stuff they've seen people are willing to pay £700 for the panasonic and that's it .at least the samsung is dropping in price.

if the price rumours are true that the new oppo will be £1600 that is a lot of money just for better audio side of things and a better upscaling of your old dvd collection because that's what you will be watching when you have spent thousands on the tv and the 4k player let's face it we all could dump that collection and never think about it again ,sony are trying to get in on the high price stuff they've seen people are willing to pay £700 for the panasonic and that's it .at least the samsung is dropping in price.

For the basic Oppo UHD player, that price sounds nonsensical. The base model will likely be £499 here with the tweaks adding to the price.

For the basic Oppo UHD player, that price sounds nonsensical. The base model will likely be £499 here with the tweaks adding to the price.
I would imagine it's the top of the range one if there following the same number range 205 d if it as darbee

I would imagine it's the top of the range one if there following the same number range 205 d if it as darbee

Im looking ahead to Dolby Vision in 4K ultra HD Bluray myself. That might be a bit off yet though.

I do :D

I have been waiting for Oppo/Marantz/Denon/Sony to announce their players on the assumption that they would include SACD support. Appreciate I am probably in a minority who care though.

Exactly the same here. I have been waiting for SA-CD support. At least we now have confirmation that it will be possible to get one. :clap: Still waiting for confirmation from Oppo though.

I bought a 1080p OLED not quite two years ago and have been watching the 4K revolution (evolution) with popcorn in hand. It's not a pretty picture I must admit. Standards are all over the place, limited hardware and content. An there isn't even a format war this time to sharper people's pencils! Going to sit it out for another 2 years I guess. Still blown away by 1080p and OLED for now. :thumbsup:

Hmmm. You can only go through custom installers for something that will just be some cheapo off-the-shelf assembly of bits and pieces? Hell, I'm not saying that the Panny isn't the same 'smoke and mirrors' situation (VERY expensive and yet not a patch on OPPO for build, streaming/USB playback etc) BUT at least they made it available to larger retailers.

It's as if Sony don't give a shit about UHD hardware between this and the befuddling PS4 Pro announcement of no UHD compatibility. Funny, that: Sony UHP-H1 Blu-ray Player Review

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom