• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony U2000 Contrast

L

Luke667

Been hearing and seeing some information the new Sony U2000 range (specifically the KDL-40U2000) but i cannot find any information on the contrast or brightness ratio! :confused:

Can anyone enlighten me? :lease:

L

Luke667

ye i saw that...but its the only site on the net...didn't think of it as a very reputable source...plus i thought it was a little weird that the u2000 will have the same specs as the S2000

Yannis

Luke667 said:
ye i saw that...but its the only site on the net...didn't think of it as a very reputable source...plus i thought it was a little weird that the u2000 will have the same specs as the S2000

No it doesn't, S2000 has 1300:1 and most importantly a Sony/Samsung made S-PVA panel (like V2000) while the U2000 has a inferior AU optronics made (China) PVA panel. That alone justifies the price difference of the two sets.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom