• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony TVs

horslips

Standard Member
Bravia TV PanelFailure

Topic started on 09-Oct-2012 13:45 , last reply on 11-May-2011 11:34

in TV& Home Cinema >Bravia

Hi all

I found this recently when searching for some information on my KDL 4500 (can't remember the originator).. However used this when dealing with Sony UK Customer Service and after a few calls they accepted and agreed to fix the problem free of charge. In addition, they extended my warrantly, originally 3 years, to Augut this year.

Hopefully this may assist those with similar problems as per the moder nos below..

As part of ournormal product monitoring process, and following your feedback, we have becomeaware that a small number of Bravia models, in certain sizes, are experiencingscreen failure just outside the 1 year guarantee period. The model numbersconcerned are listed below.

If you have one themodels listed below, that has suffered a screen/panel fault please call us on 0844 8466 555 where a repair can bebooked and any necessary service procedures followed. The Sony authorisedrepair agent will be aware of the issue and, with the support of the SonyService team, will make sure everything is done to help.

Please note thatall other models and faults will be serviced in line with our normal service& guarantee procedures.

The affected modelsand screen sizes are:

KDL-40W4500

KDL-40W4710/20/30

KDL-40X4500

KDL-46X3000

KDL-46X3500

Sorry it took solong to get this announcement out, but we had to make sure everything was inplace before confirming anything.

Best regards

Lee

CustomerRelations

SonyEurope Limited

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom