• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony TV's – wall mounting systems

RespectableGary

Standard Member
I don't really follow the world of TVs but I'm looking to buy a new Sony 46 inch-ish to replace my old 40 inch Sony in the bedroom. But my old TV is mounted to a articulated arm which has a Vesa mount. It looks to me like these mounts have vanished so is it possible to mount 1 of the more recent sets using a Vesa attachment or is it only possible to flush mount them to a wall?

don320

Established Member
VESA is still the usual way of wall mounting, even TVs that have a custom bracket still tend to have VESA mounting points.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I can't vouch for every TV but every flat screen TV I've bought has them and the vast majority of TV reviews mention them.

VESA is just a vague standard for the spacing of the fixing holes, it's not even a standard really as the VESA standard defines various measurements so they can still vary massively from TV to TV

Most brackets I've used have multiple holes to suit the different hole patterns on different TVs

There's a good article here detailing the various sizes you can get

mikeysthoughts

Prominent Member
is it possible to mount 1 of the more recent sets using a Vesa attachment or is it only possible to flush mount them to a wall?
It's definitely possible, I've had a 46" LG mounted on an articulated VESA bracket.

The question is then whether the specific set matches the specific mount.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom