1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Tv

Discussion in 'TVs' started by eagle, Oct 15, 2003.

1. eagle

eagle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have just bought the Sony KV 36FS76U and I am having problems with the picture. The colours look like they are from a water colour with close ups of peoples faces being blotchy. The backgrounds also blend into each other making them blurry. For example when watching Gladiator the start sequence of Russell Crowe walking through the corn the corn isjust represented by one solid mass of yellow. I have tried turning off the 100/50hrz but to no avail. Is there something wrong or are they all like this.
    To me it is unacceptable.

Cheers Lee

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    How is it conected to your DVD player?

3. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    This describes the FS76 pretty well IMO... I changed to the Toshiba 36ZP38...

4. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a previous version of this TV (FS70) and the colours are vibrant (after THX optimising) and the image is sharp especially from DVD.

Make sure you use a good quality RGB SCART or S-Video connection directly from your DVD player and that you have connected to a RGB or S-Video enabled SCART socket.

Changing the SCARTs from the supplied rubbish to IXOS SCART interconnects (about $40 per lead) made the single biggest improvement to picture quality. This is especially noticeable on the Sky EPG.

Make sure the DVD is outputting in RGB or S-Video.
    Make sure the cables are tightly in the sockets.

Failing all this get it checked by the dealer if possible.

Have a look at other models in-store if you can although the contrast will be set too high the image should be pretty sharp.

hth
    Owen

5. wibble

wibble
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Which mode are you using ?

I suggest game mode also unless you are using personal mode, turn off your DVD players image sharpening/enhancements.

6. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Do you have any DVD's with the THX optimizer? T2 and both Star Wars films have this feature which is useful in setting the brightness and contrast levels. IMHO the preset modes leave alot to be desired unless they have been improved on the current 36" WEGA's

Am I right in thinking there are still no PAL setup DVD's available?
    Is the AVIA (NTSC only) disc or other equivalents any use for setting up a PAL TV?