Sony TV, Soundbar and PS5 problems

thaicha

Novice Member
Hello!

I currently decided to have myself a nice setup, including a TV, a soundbar and a PS5.
I chose Sony for every product, the TV is a KD-55XH9077, and the soundbar is HT-ZF9.
I connected both the PS5 and the soundbar to the TV using 2 2.1 HDMI cables. The soundbar is connected via eArc to the 3rd HDMI slot, and the PS5 is connected to the 4th HDMI slot.

After setting everything up, I ran into multiple problems, as it follows:

1. Sometimes, when watching a movie on the TV, the volume of the soundbar lowers and then gradually gets back to normal. The volume level does not change on the soundbar (it does not go down from 20 to 10, but you can hear the sound going down).

2. For the PS5, using the 4th HMDI slot, I don’t know which format to choose, the Enhanched Format, or the Enhanced Format (VRR). The thing is, I noticed that when I choose EF (not VRR) I recieve a huge delay, but the image is better. On the EF (VRR) there is no delay, but the quality of the image is not as good (it is kinda dark). I tried turning the HDR brightness higher, but it did not help.
The TV Game Mode is active in both scenarios.

3. When choosing the audio output for the PS5, I selected “Sound bar” as HDMI Device Type, and “Dolby” as Audio Format (Priority). The problem is that when using Dolby, I get a small, yet noticeable, delay. When using Linear PCM, there is no delay, but the quality of the sound is not as good.

4. On TV Settings - Image and sound - Audio output - Control Home Theatre, it recognizes my soundbar, but the last row states “Waiting, audio system is closed”. I’m not sure this is normal.

I dont think that I should have to choose between image/sound quality and not having delay (when on PS5). Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom