sony tv`s

hi guys i have now seen the sony it`s a very good set. good picture ect. but i also like the philips 9576 non pixel plus so i need to make my mind up soon.i took my dvd & scart plus set up disc & set up a philips9617. & all was looking good as i set it to 100hz.the picture was great but then i set it to pixel plus & it made my film look like it was in fast foward so i turned the dvd of then on & it still the same so i turned it back to 100hz & all was fine.so there is no way i will pay that kind of money on pixel plus i will just get a plain 100hz

Originally posted by liverpool
it made my film look like it was in fast foward

Care to explain? I don't see any such effect in Pixel+ mode on my 9617. The picture produced from a DVD, in fact shows off the capabilities of Pixel+ in the best way.

in 100hz mode the dvd looked great. but when i put pixel plus on the dvd looked like it was going twice as fast. ie planes/people seemed to speed up.but like i said on 100hz it was just like my tosh 32zd26.

eh?

Any DVD through Pixel plus that i have seen has been outstanding, i stood in Richer Sounds at the weekend in awe at the quality of the fifth element, it was so clear, like being in the actual studio.

I don't think that increasing the resolution would speed up the image, in fact its impossible as bit rate and data transfer is dictated by the DVD player.

Maybe a faulty set Liverpool?

could be a faulty set but that is 2 of these set the first 1 was grainy & to be honest it looked sh*t but there is loads of people who are happy with pixel plus but. i must be very unlucky as i just have not seen this awsome picture everyone is going on about.but what i have seen i would not have pixel plus but that is just me.i have not seen a better picture than the tosh 32zd26 but i just couldn`t live with it`s faults.

Liverpool, you haven't seen a Sony with the new DRC yet have you?

astonbilla no i have not seen a sony drc as all the storys of s/bars have put me off. i`m not saying the tosh is the best tv in the world.just that the picture it gives is awsome.plus there is no point in me going to look at a sony with drc as i`m jinxed :D & would see something that i didn`t like say it on here & get hammered on here:D

Liverpool, scrolling bars are gone mate - you have my word. The new sets look fantastic. I am changing brand due to personal experiences. Also, i had 2 DX100 sets, these were meant to suffer from SBs. Neither did, ever.

so what sony 32" would you say to look at & what problems doe`s it have if any.you said about focus before was it just a bad set.

well i had to make my choice today & i have gone for the philips 9576 & am getting it tomorrow.i just hope it will be ok the one i tested in store was very good.if it is like that i will be one happy man.

well i got the philips32pw9576 over the sonyls60. & all seems fine i`ve checked all the problems that i had on the tosh & all is well.no more lighter sides the colour is the same all the way across.sky & xbox look great not tried dvd yet but it will be ok i hope.the picture is not as good as the tosh but close.so 200 miles & 4tvs later & i think i`ve got a tv i`m happy with.i`ll give it a week just incase then let you know.
cheers jay.

astonbilla have you got your philips yet?

yeah, citylink were going to send it back to unbeatable without telling me. Apparently, the box was so large they needed another man to help so they rang unbeatable requesting another £30. Unbeatable said no way. So they put it into dispatches and didn't even bother to tell me.

So as i had to go back to work, my Dad went to see them and he noticed the box was smaller than the last (less air really). He was told citylink are a courier company not a freight company and they will not be bringing any more TVs out to me from unbeatable!

They agreed to send someone withe the TV. They sent an 18 year old tiddler, so my 67 year old dad and 60 year old mum had to help this tit carry the TV. In the end they had to leave it in the Garage, where it remains at the moment. It was also opened as it has been sealed with citylink tape.

To say im angry would be a huge understatement.

that is bad having 2 oap helping to carry the tv my 32" was hard to carry & me & my bro carried that & we are big lads (not fat):D also why is the tv open this makes me mad because when you buy stuff it should be sealed.my first tosh 36" was open & the tv was no good just hope everything is ok with yours.

well i spoke too soon my new philips has a problem it has 2 dark bars down the screen.you can see them on dark stuff like blade2.& when football is on & the camera pans the screen it looks dirty because of these bars.i just hope this can be fixed or the tv is going back.like i said i`m jinxed :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom