1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TV Problem

Discussion in 'TVs' started by ukheather, Oct 11, 2004.

1. ukheather

ukheather
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have recently bought a KD-28DL11 Sony TV, my problem is that even though the reception is apparantly high the picture quality is a little poor. You can kind of see the pixels on some programmes on digital and it is a little snowy on analogue, but the text is always very clear and sharp.

I think my aerial may be a little loose as on analogue tv it was a little snowy even with my old tv, but will fixing the aerial make the pixels disapear or is this the standard quality of this tv? I mainly watch tv via the built in freeview

My aerial is only a few years old so I know I do not need a new one.

Any advice?

2. mrtbag

mrtbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    A 'pixelised' picture would normally denote a reception problem and not a TV issue.

3. ukheather

ukheather
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats what I thought... on my old freeview box it was a fine picture, but could the dodgy aerial connection to my new tv/freeview make the picture a little worse than my old box?

If you know what I mean :)

4. fozzy73

fozzy73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi you will find that analogue on these sets will be poorer than the quality of say the kv28hx15 but that is because the reception goes into the digitl tuner and what ever signal is dispersed is just the rubbish that the digital tuner cannot use and so goes into the analogue tune. ull find that if you connect the aerial straight into the analogue tuner you picture quality will be loads better hope this helps

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If it is pixellated this is on transmission, I would say try channel 5 but SDN are taking the pee with bit rates so try BBC1 or BBC4 - they should be good.

The analogue tuners ain't so hot - I find my analogue is poor but digital is excellent.

Is this TV bigger than your old one?