1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TV problem - summary anyone?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dave N, May 17, 2002.

1. Dave N

Dave N
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those of us with a Sony FQ75 (and are v pleased with it btw) can someone provide a summary of what happend/is happening - call me lazy but I really cant be a**sed to read thru all 540 odd posts.

Thanks in advance
    Dave

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my problems with this set were.

1. teletext was blurred on the left of the screen

2. a bar kept moving accross the picture. Best to see this with brighjtness turned up with a dark screen. BUT once you see it here you will see it when watching tv.

shaun

3. Ninja

Ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any good KV32FQ sets, If a buy a new set from Sony today are the scrolling bars there anyway or have Sony fixed it on the newer produced KV32FQ sets?

What is the diffrence between the "new" KV32FQ75U and the "old" KV32FQ75? Is that a "fixed scrolling bars" KV32FQ75 set?

Thanks

4. Iancity

Iancity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You want a summary, ok here goes. the easuest way to summarise all 540 views is . . . . . . . . Sony are sh*t and their customer service is even worse.
    Sorry if I sound bitter, but I am!

5. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Listen to IANCITY. He has said all that needs to be said..

6. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a KV32FQ75U and i don't suffer from the scrolling bars problem, maybe i'm lucky. It does have a few geometry issues as well as convergence and focus, but playing with the service menu managed to fix most of this.

Cheers
    Spunky

7. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't agree more with Iancity. SONY Uk do not believe or do not know about "customer loyalty", "customer service" or "goodwill". One thing, for sure, they are better at - they make better politicians - lies and denials - they know best !!!!

Why do you think there are so many hits (a record is such short time), including from France, Netherlands, Turkey, Finland, on the SONY thread ?

fwan

8. Dave N

Dave N
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok well thank you for sort of replying. I just wanted a summary of the technical problem rather than a "Sony are shyte" blitz. Clearly they are not shyte as they are undeniably a successful company (as opposed to say, Amstrad, OnDigital etc) but it does sound like their customer care in this insatnce is not what it should be. Good luck with getting a resolution.
    Moving bar? Not on mine
    Cheers
    D

9. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, for techinical problem you will need to speak to those helpful Customer Info Centre lot at Sony UK. We are just the end users and if a product is showing faults, we expect them to be fixed and don't want to know the technical side of the those problem as we don't expect to fix them ourselves !!!

Dave, have you read about the recent brand reliabilty survey by Which? magazine ??? See for yourself where SONY stand.

fwan

10. magnatom

magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Sony KV32FQ75 last year and I don't have any problems with scrolling bars.

Of course thats because I sent it back and bought a Loewe instead!:D So far this is the only real solution!

Believe me it is worth the extra cash (Remember the Vitros is cheaper but has the same chassis as the Aconda)

11. chrbjo

chrbjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    May I ask what kind of values you changed to correct the convergence and focus?

Thanks
    Christian

12. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Playing around with the deflection and backend menus managed to fix the geometry ones and in some ways fixed the convergence at the same time. The convergence is still a bit bad and i'm still playing with it, but it's looking like i'll have to get someone in to open the t.v up and fix it that way.
    Spunky

13. jlett

jlett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had any joy getting the convergence fixed yet. I've got same probs with mine.

14. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Just a warning - SUK will not honor their warranty if they find that you have been putting your fingers on the service menu and your set gets into a mess. When they came to fix mine, they asked me more than twice if anyone had opened my set before and whether it was new when delivered etc.... .....the last thing they will consider is their quality control !!!!

In any case, why are you doing this yourselves ? If you bought a new car, are you expect to tune it ???

fwan

15. Spunky

Spunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very true, fwan
    The reason i'm not taking mine back is that i can't see any obvious fault- i don't have any of the scrolling bars, just a few geom/coverge issues. I bought mine from currys and if anything does go wrong with it and i have to take it back, i'll just deny all knowledge of what a service menu is ;)
    I totally agree that sony need to get their act together, and wht i've been reading here should put anyone off shelling out loads of money to buy one.
    Jlett As for the convergence i'm still looking into that one, but the servicemenu doesn't do anything obvious to improve it.
    I am still considering getting someone professional in to have a go, but that won't be for 3 months at least- Coz i'm moving house and don't want to have to do it twice.
    Hope it helps
    Spunky