1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony tv Problem: again!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by meath man, Feb 10, 2005.

1. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    HI i have just bought the sony 21cl10 4:3 televison.
    The main reason i bought this is because of the problems i had with 2 previous widescreen tv's- sony kv28fq86. The problem was that at varying intervals i would hear a small 'crackling' noise off the tv which got worse the longer the tv was on. I got a refund on my second set- however sony wouldnt admit to the problem but gladly gave me a refund anyway. Unfortunately my new 21' sony has the same problem as the 2 fq86's.
    I really dont want to go through the process of sending another tv back so can somebody help? my tv is situated directly beside the plug socket where 2 electrical appliances are pluged into . Could this be affecting the tv in some way? any any ideas?

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    You could try isolating the tv,to see if the problem is still there.If so i would return it.

3. meath man

meath man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I will try that spoctra
    IF the problem continues to happen does anybody know anything else i can try to fix the problem?

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Some TV's suffer from noise when the set gets warm and the cabinet cracks, is it this sort of noise?
    It is stange that all your TV's suffered the same problem, (different models aswell).
    Nigel