Sony TV & Orbitsound Soundbar issue!

DirtyTurkey

Standard Member
Hi guys

I wonder if you can offer any advice to a complete AV novice?

I have a Sony KDL-32V2500 television and have just bought an Orbitsound T12 v3 soundbar but I cant seem to get the sound to come out of the soundabr!

The TV is about 3 years old and doesnt have a digital line so Im having to use the red & white cables for sound. I've plugged them in as per the Orbitsound instructions but no sound comes out.

I know the sound bar works as I have been playing my iPod through it with no issues, so Im wondering if it's some kind of setting on the TV?

Anybody else had this issue? I dont want to go back to the shop and look like a tool so any help is appreciated!

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Are you sure you have connected the soundbar to an audio output and not input on the TV? I know it sounds stupid but it is an easy (and common) mistake to make. The spec for the TV does say it has a stereo RCA output on the rear so you can connect them. If you are using the output from the TV then check the manual to see if you need to enable them in the TV using one of the menus.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom