Sony TV - HELP !

Armadillo

Standard Member
Reaction score
After much deliberation and many a lunch break looking on this Forum I finally decided on which TV to buy.

Sony KV32FQ70 (John Lewis price match at £889.

It was delivered within 5 days and looks great. There is however one small problem, the top right-hand corner appears to dip slightly – I have since looked at various sites and found that this problem occurs on many Sony TV’s. I understand that this problem can be rectified by accessing the ‘Service Menu’ – does anyone know how I can gain access to this area or where I can obtain a copy of the Service Manual.

I'd love to get a Sony service manual for my KV-36FS70 so I can fix the vertical and horizontal linearity (sp?) and sort out the geometry once and for all.

To access the Service menu follow the diagram on my site:
http://www.geocities.com/owenw_2002/

It's the same for all Sony WEGA's AFAIK
Please read the disclaimer first as there are some settings which can damage you TV!! I refuse to pay the repair bill of you break your telly :)
Don't use the reset options as your image may go black!

No worries.

Isn't that the US site? They don't get the same TV's as we do, but if there was a similar EU site it would indeed be great to gain access :)

I'd be grateful if someone could explain what each function does (especially in the Deflection menu). Also a PAL setup DVD would be very helpful.

I have now accessed the Service Menu and modified various ‘Deflection’ settings (after taking note of the original ones). However, none of the options I changed made the bend in the corner any better.

I therefore decided to call John Lewis to discuss the problem. The Guy in the shop proceeded to look at the display model and he also said that there appears to be a slight bend in the top right-hand corner. They sent out a local Engineer from a Sony Dealer and he said that in his opinion the tube is duff. John Lewis are delivering a new TV tomorrow, however considering the fact that my TV and the one in the shop have the same problem I guess I may have to live with it.

Does anyone have a KV32FQ70 with a similar problem ?

I have a fq70 and i have a line down the right side of the set. Picture quality is very poor for a set costing £1000. Does any know how to improve the sharpness thru the service mode (not throgh the normal menu!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom