Sony TV HDMI Problems

Bugsey

Standard Member
Okay hooked up my new :) Canon HF10 HD Camcorder to my Sony KDL-40V2000 HD TV with a mini hdmi to hdmi cable and nothing happens :( ie no picture on the TV , so I took the HF10 over to my brothers house who also owns a Sony 40" HD TV and guess what, same thing no picture, next trip to my daughters house who has a Samsung HD TV and I got a picture there, next trip to a friends house who also owns a Samsung HD TV and it worked there and OMG the quality of the picture was fantastic :thumbsup:, so my question is does anyone else have this problem with Sony TV's or is there a workaround for this or what, any suggestions would be appreciated.:mad:

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Okay hooked up my new :) Canon HF10 HD Camcorder to my Sony KDL-40V2000 HD TV with a mini hdmi to hdmi cable and nothing happens :( ie no picture on the TV , so I took the HF10 over to my brothers house who also owns a Sony 40" HD TV and guess what, same thing no picture, next trip to my daughters house who has a Samsung HD TV and I got a picture there, next trip to a friends house who also owns a Samsung HD TV and it worked there and OMG the quality of the picture was fantastic :thumbsup:, so my question is does anyone else have this problem with Sony TV's or is there a workaround for this or what, any suggestions would be appreciated.:mad:
I had the same sort of problem with a HDMI DVD player and a Sony 32V2000, the only way i could get a picture for the first connection was to plug the HDMI cable in while both DVD and tv were turned on, then after that it worked every time.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom