1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TV Engineers. Do they exist?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by andype, Feb 7, 2002.

1. andype

andype

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a KV36 which is picture perfect but has a slight geometric problem.
    The Horizontal black bars are sliightly curved.
    I contacted Sony and they ensured me that it was correctable
    and as requested gave me the name of a Service company.
    I contacted them and they told me they don't come out to where I live.
    My local Sony Center then gave the name of a service company who then sent an engineer.
    The engineer couldn't even tell what model it was just by looking at it and just said it would have have to go to the work shop.
    As I did not want this to happen another engineer called a few weeks later.
    This engineer couldn't even get into the service menu and also said it would have to go to the work shop.
    Is it to difficult a task to get something adjusted in the comfort of your own home so it's to your satisfaction?

2. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's Sony's customer care and after sales service for you !!!!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found that my local Sony Centre only use 3rd party contrators to do their engineering support. I'm not sure if other Sony Centres are the same (most probably). To be fair the engineers (3) that took a look at my FQ75 were quite knowledgeable about Sony sets but they still could not fix the scrolling bar problem. Thats why its going back this weekend :)

J

4. Berisford

Berisford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It does seem strange to me the way Sony Centres operate re warranty/ repairs.

The way I see it is;

Sony has no connection whatsoever with Sony Centres

and Sony Centres have no connection whatsoever with the service/repair people!..........................

......................The future is not bright for folk like me looking at £1300 worth of suspect telly.

Some might say Sony is being very clever here.

BJ Mansfield

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its true - Sony Centres do not have any connection with Sony Corp. apart from selling their products. In fact Sony Centres around the country are not connected with each other! Shocking, buts it true. It seems that they run like a franchise (like the motor trade). To prove the point I called several Sony Centres around London and each of them said they've got no connection with each other!

There you go.

J