Sony TV Convergence adjustment, how?

Skiddins

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a Sony KV-32WF1U televison that I bought second hand a few years back.
I don't know exactly when these were on sale.

I have begun to notice that the convergence on it is not very good, I'm not sure if this has always been the case or has happened over time.

It is mainly noticable if I'm watching something with white lettering on a black background etc. There is a slight red 'glow' to the left of the letters and a slight blue glow to the right. This appears to be completely even over the screen.
I used to work on TV's occasionally etc. but having been a long time ago I'm stuck.

Does anyone know if these TV's have any potentionemeters or similar that I can use for adjustment, and if so, what will they be labeled?

I know I could take this in to a place that will give me a free estimate for repair, but I'd like to sort it on the cheap if possible.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Skiddins

Not sure about your particular monitor but the following may help. If the convergence is 'out' in the centre of the screen then it's most likely the convergence is 'out' across the entire width of the picture. If that's the case then the static convergence of the set needs adjusting. Taking the relevant safety precautions remove the back of the set and look around the pcb on the back of the tube. You will be looking for an adjustment that could be called a number of things (HStat, Static etc) - there is no uniformity among manufacturers as to what this control is called, I cannot emphasise too much that if you adjust this control you must be aware that the 'potentiometer' you are adjusting has high volts on it and you must treat it with respect - use a fully insulated screwdriver. So often in the back of an old telly there is a lot of accumulated dust which can act as a path for high voltage electricity to travel down. A much better idea would be to turn the telly OFF - adjust the control a small amount - then switch the telly back on and let it warm up to see the result of the adjustment. Do NOT 'give it handful' adjust it in small increments. Don't adjust anything else you may see (particularly A1 or Screen). regards, yt.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom