• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony TV/blu ray player problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

apollogary

Hello everyone. My name is Gary and I have just joined this great site. I am hoping that some Knowledgable person can help me with a problem. I apologise in advance for the length of this post.
I have owned a Sony KDL32V4000 Tv for just over a year. In all that time it has functioned flawlessly. I have connected to it a Sky plus box via scart, a Sony video via scart and a PS3 via hdmi. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Sony BDVE370 home cinema/blu ray system. I installed it and set it up and everything woked perfectly... fantastic. When I went back to it though, about an hour after it had been switched off, I found that the TV refused to switch on from standby. So I tried to switch it off with the main switch on the TV itself. This would not work either, and took continual pressing to finally shut down. I could then turn it back on and turn it on and off with the remote control. I thought this a one-off but it has happend several times since. I would say 5 times out of 10, the TV won't switch on from standby. I spoke to Sony who suggested the problem was with the blu ray player, so I contacted the supplier who agreed to replace it. Whilst waiting for the new one to arrive, I disconnected the blu ray player and in the 3 days before the new one arrived, the the TV again worked perfectly. When I installed the new one, unfortunately the exact same problem occurs. I have spoken to Sony again and this time they say the problem must be with the TV. But only the blu ray player causes this problem. I have tried swapping hdmi cables and inputs and disconnecting other equipment but am at a loss what to do next. It is driving me insane.
Can anyone help? please. Sony say they have never heard of a problem like this
Thanks
Gary

LanceR

Distinguished Member
Try the sony section or the blu ray section. This is the wrong area.

Oh and welcome to the forums :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom