1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony tv any good????

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by luv ya jen, May 13, 2003.

1. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys im looking to buy a sony kdnx200tns idtv are there any reviews is it any good come on lads dont let me down (as if) price is £1700

2. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    32 or 36"?

3. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what about the philips 36" PW9617

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    At £1700 i would look at a loewe 32" and analogue but better picture and you can upgrade the chassis to Digital. Also some good deals on Tosh 36" Picture frames at the moment.

6. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    The 36" NX200 is the same as the FS76 except for the digital tuner and second analogue tuner for picture in picture. (and case design of course)

So, any comments on the board about the FS76 would also go for the NX200.

Problems I found in 3 FS76 TVs:

Buzzing
    Convergence
    Focus

7. KANU25

KANU25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had 36"NX200 for a few months now. And it is a brilliant TV - there is a small buzzing noise but you can only here it if you're close up or if TV is cold but it dies down after a bit - you can't tell.

Picture is fantastic and even though it is the same tube as the fs76 - it looks miles better on the nx200.

I've seen a few fs76 and it doesn't look as good as the nx200(picture & build).

I'd recommend getting it.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats just what i've been waiting to read, as its the Sony KD36NX200 im looking to buy. Although after reading some of the horror stories regarding all sorts of different sets problems (buzzing,curved pictures,brightness probs). I was a bit worried about going in for a new telly at all.

Good news

Cheers

9. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I can't see how the picture looks any better on a NX200 to a FS76. They are the same bar the second tuner and a digital tuner. Maybe the analogue picture was stronger on the NX200 or the FS76 was set to LIVE picture mode which puts contrast to the maximum. I really doubt there is any difference when both have the same settings put into the menus.

I didn't notice any difference in the build quality of both sets.

Not sure who mentioned the brightness problems. I didn't think that was one of the issues. Convergence however is an issue. So is a blue tinge in the top left, a faint black bar down the left and yellowing whites to the right. Buzzing also according to what is on the screen. White line to the exteme left of the picture in 14:9 and 4:3 is visible also. These are what various people have found including myself on these boards.

Only get the NX200 if you can convince yourself the styling is worth the difference in price between the two. An FS76 and a Pace freeview hard disk recorder is cheaper than the NX200.

Whichever you get, don't look for faults on it because you will see find them for sure. Easier said than done.

All 36" tvs have their faults...philips pixel plus is rubbish, toshiba has green smeering...panasonic is not much better....

Happy shopping :)