1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony tv and video setup help

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PaulCassar, Jan 27, 2004.

1. PaulCassar

PaulCassar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi iv got a kv32fx70 sony telly and would like some newbie help lease.

if i have my ntl setop box connected to scart one and my vedio connected to my setop box, how do i watch my video ?.

video needs connection to stb to record tv channels but how does it show what its recorded onto the telly.

also does anyone have a good guide to setting up this telly
    as the quality of picture atmo is not that great ?

cheers

Paul

2. stejcoolj

stejcoolj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you RGB enabled your ntl box? This will improve the picture on your TV (especially on live sport broadcasts - sharpens everything up that little bit). Make sure you're using a good quality scart cable (if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, sorry).

I changed the picture mode on my FX68 to "personal", because "live" -which is the default- seemed too harsh and accentuated any problems with the broadcast.

You could also connect your VCR direct to AV3. If it's a Sony VCR then this will activate Smartlink as well.

3. PaulCassar

PaulCassar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thks for replying

HOW do i activate my RGB on my setopbox, ring ntl ??
    i did notice with ntl in scart one that the icon that comes up on the telly is a normal scart one icon not a rgb scart 1 icon ?

if i put video into scart3 and tell telly to allow av3 to receive
    output from av1 ,shouldnt i then be able to record to video telly channels on ntl box ??

i tried but this didnt work so far

look forward to yer reply

paul

4. stejcoolj

stejcoolj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul

Use your ntl remote to change to an RGB signal. On my blue remote I press the "Guide" button, to access the menu. To access "Settings" I then press the blue button, then select "TV Settings".

Once on the TV settings screen, change the "Scart AV signal output" to RGB (by default it is composite). If you've got the scart cables set up right, the screen should go black for a brief second and then return but with a noticeably sharper picture quality. Whilst on this menu you can also change the screen format from 4:3 to 16:9 widescreen if necessary.

As for my VCR, I have it linked direct to my TV (I've got 3 scart cables - ntl box to TV via AV1, VCR to TV via AV3, ntl box to VCR). Finally, I've got my DVD player connected to the TV's AV2 by a 4th scart. Again, I had to go into my DVD player's settings to ensure it was sending out an RGB signal.

5. PaulCassar

PaulCassar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ta m8

i tried your settings for video dont work yet i try again tomorrow after talking to sony

keep u informed tomorrow thks for help
    c u soon
    Paul