Sony TV and HDD recorder signal problems.

arno65

Standard Member
Reaction score
Don't know where else to post this but I have a strange problem with the signal on my Sony Bravia and Sony HDD player. My antennae is connected through a signal boost to the HDD player which is in turn connected to the TV via an HDMI cable and also a direct antennae connection to the TV. If I want to watch TV I have to view through the HDD player on the AV5 channel it is connected too. If I try to watch TV on the TV itself without the HDD the picture is awful and pixilates so much or won't tune. I have checked all the connections. Does anyone have any ideas why this is? I have a new Sony Bravia KDL32WD752 arriving next week which I want to use as a stand alone without the HDD recorder. I also use an Amazon fire stick which is great but as my TV has smart I won't need it so much. I have always had this problem since I first fitted the TV and HDD. The antennae on the roof is a digital one and not all that old. Should I get someone to come and check it professionally and set the new TV up or can soneone help. Please! By the way I have tried plugging the antennae straight into the TV and get the same problem.

HDMI interference of the incoming UHF signal is a fairly common problem and may be the cause here.

You can check to see if this is the cause by switching off peripheral equipment and disconnecting all HDMI leads from the TV.

If you can receive ok under those conditions then the problem is HDMI interference.

Remedies for that are:
1 - Keep HDMI leads and aerial leads as far apart as possible

2 - Try other HDMI leads ( Cheap is OK. Expensive leads are no better at dealing with this problem)

3 - Check all aerial flyleads are well made with good clean connections.
In the worst cases improved meaty flyleads with good shielding may be required.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom