Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony TV and DAV 550

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by studio_two, Sep 6, 2003.

1. studio_two

studio_two

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I have a Sony iDTV 28DX40 and i'm considering upgrading my current dvd player to a DAV 550.

I realise that the dav only has an s-video output (so i would need to get a lead to convert to scart).

Around the back of tv, there are two scart sockets. Scart 2 is marked "smartlink" (and the manual states this will accept an s-video signal). However, this being the "smartlink" scart, i already have my sony vcr plugged in there.

Scart 1 is labelled (...) and the manual states that this is for "RGB" equipment. I have my current dvd player plugged in here.

It would seem there is nowhere on my sony tv to plug in the 550 (excepting the s-video socket in the side flap).

Could anyone confirm this please?

Thanks in advance
    Stephen

2. duncs

duncs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would recomend you pluging your VCR into the 550 and using that as a switcher box. Then plug your 550 into the s-video on the TV. The quality of your VCR is not going to be compromised much by pluging it through the 550. IMO