1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Turntable Help

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Drpepper99uk, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Drpepper99uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

This is my first post so please bear with me.I currently own a Sony LBT XB80av Midi stereo which has also got a Sony turntable.However the turntable that came with it(it was a 2nd hand system) will not run because the power connector is a small black 2 pin type and not the main's operated type it should be.

The record deck itself model number is PS-LX 49P and the original one that would of come with it is a PS-LX56.They look almost the same apart from the connections that power them up.

Is there any sort of converters available to make this deck run? I would open up my stereo and see if I could find a source for it to be powered but i'm not keen on doing this and I think this turntable may not have it's own pre-amp built in unlike the PS-LX56 model I mentioned about.
  2. jon_mendel

Jan 15, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I certainly wouldn't suggest taking you midi system apart to try to find something inside it. However, it could be that there's a socket on the midi system where you can plug the turntable into (that's how my pioneer system used to work); however, if the turntable didn't originally come with the stereo this could be a risk ;) Can you contact the seller to ask about this?

Failing that, take the turntable or all the info you have about it into a Maplins (or other electronics) store - they should be able to sort you our with an adapter.