1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TRV900 or Pana GS200

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Gardenomeski, May 24, 2004.

1. Gardenomeski

Gardenomeski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Hopefully some answers to help me buy my first camcorder. I have decided 3ccd's is for me so what to go for;

Sony TRV900 (new) for £699
    or
    Pansonic NV-GS200 (new) for £699

Thanks alot for the advice

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    £699 :eek:
    When I bought mine a few years back it cost me £1500. The cam has now been replaced by the TRV950 with a few new features, but some say a bit lower quality. I don't know the other cam you listed, but I can whole heartily recommend the TRV900 as a great quality prosumer camcorder. What it is Not is small and easy to carry around compared to the small handycams. Assuming that high quality with loads of features including full manual overide then this is a camcorder you should love.
    As a general rule of thumb Sony make great camcorders that tend to be around the best quality available, but they can be a little over priced (but not in this case!).

Mark.

3. virgola

virgola

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you find it new at THAT price? I'd like to get one for myself too !!!

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    If I hadn't just blown all my spare (and some thats not spare :rolleyes: ) on upgrading my AV setup I would be very tempted to get a spare for £700!

Mark.

5. Gardenomeski

Gardenomeski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the advice. I live in Jersey & we have no VAT here, this is why prices are good! AV shop over here has a new boxed TRV900 that they are selling for £699 down from £999 apparently. I was just about to order a (VAT Free) Panasonic NV-GS200 for the same money from England until I noticed the Sony and wondered if it is a better deal. It seems as though the Sony is old whereas the Panny is new, but the Sony has an optical image stabilisation. I reckon that I may go for the Sony now unless someone else can tell me first hand that the Panny is worth it.

Has anyone had experience with both Sony TRV900/950 and Panasonic GS70/120/200 to compare?

Thanks