1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TRV33 - what comes with it? (and other questions!)

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Jase, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +928
    Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit more. After being recommended the Sony TRV33, we just need to know what is actually included with it?

A few sites list a load of accessories such as Memory Stick, Battery, Charger, Firewire Cable etc etc.

Also read that video takes up to 1GB of Hard Drive space for every 4 mins of footage. Is this correct? We only have a 40GB Hard Drive at the moment so presumably we'll need an additional Hard Drive? (PC is a Pentium 4, 1.6ghz, 256MB RAM, Audiophile soundcard, NVidia GeForce graphics card with Windows XP).

If someone could point out just exactly what we need to get going and be able to transfer video to the PC for editing etc etc.

Many thanks!

:)

2. melliott1963

melliott1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

When I got my trv33 recently, it came with an 8Mb memory stick, NPFM30 Battery, a USB cable, an Audio/video out lead (to 3 phono plugs), a carry strap, a lens cap and some photo management sofware.

The battery is charged whilst attached to the camera, so an external charger is not provided as standard.

As far as editing footage on your PC is concerned, if you capture at full resolution, then you will require a lot of hard disk space. Pinnacle Studio 8 allows you to capture at draft resolution which saves disk space, but still needs to re-capture the video after editing is completed and before the final movie is compiled. I never capture at anything other than full resolution.

You're right that a 40Gb drive will not be sufficient. After your operating system and other programs that are installed, I doubt you will have much room to play with.

I'd keep your existing drive and buy a second hard drive (as big as you can afford) purely for video editing.

You don't mention anything about having a firewire card, so you'll also need to buy one of these (you can pick them up from about £20) plus, of course, a firewire cable. I'd also recommend increasing your memory as 256Mb is probably the lowest I'd go with. Before buying my latest PC, I had an 850Mhz PC with 256Mb and was able to edit videos OK, albeit sluggishly, so your 1.6Ghz should do for the time being.

Good luck!

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +928
    Thanks melliot1963! :)

Just looking into a new PC now, purely for Video Editing etc. Keep it all separate from our other one.