1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TRV30E AV IN

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dosfromclare, May 19, 2003.

1. dosfromclare

dosfromclare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, According to the user guide, I should be able to record to my camera from another AV source connected to the AV lead in the camera. I have tried to play a video and expected to see the picture on the camera LCD screen and then be able to record with the intention of using the footage for editing. Am I missing something basic, has anyone done this with this or simlar camera ?

Thanks in advance...

2. DigiStuff

DigiStuff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

You need to go into the menu on the camcorder and there will be a setting that says something along the lines of AVC and turn this "ON". This will turn on the analogue sockets of the camcorder.

I am sure some one on the fourm can give the exact details !!!

Hope this helps

Mark T

3. dosfromclare

dosfromclare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark,

I'll give it a go tonight.

-D.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    You also need to put the camcorder into VCR mode as in normal recording mode it gets the picture from the lense. This sounds obvious now but is often overlooked.
    Also, to save the wear on the camcorders heads just plug the VCR into cam and cam into PC. The cam will act as an analogue to DV converter. Just capture the video on the PC direct.

Mark.

5. dosfromclare

dosfromclare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mark(s).

I tried again with no success. I couldn't find any AVC option on any of the menus. I am using the supplied AV cable with scart. Even tried on a sky digibox as a known good source of AV but no joy. The manual says connect the cable and put the display on LCD and it should work without anything else.

So I'm still lost !

6. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Does the scart plug have a swith for in/output on it? If it does then set it to in (video into the plug).

Mark.

7. dosfromclare

dosfromclare

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark,

YOu hit the nail on the head. Tried a switchable scart last night and it did the trick. Thanks again for everyone.

-Dave.