1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TRV27

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Aswad, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Aswad

Aswad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :rolleyes:

As with a lot of the threads on here, I too am about to buy a digital camcorder, looking at spending £800 approx.
    I have a Fuji FinePix 6800 already so I'm not bothered about high stills quality, I want high video quality with a DV in.

Thers so much to choose from and seemingly so little info out there that I am principally now looking at Sonys.

The PC9 seems has good reviews but I like the TRV27 as it has a 3.5" LCD.

Any recommendations?
    I've seen the TRV27 on Nomatica.com for £819 but am concerned that it may not be a UK model as I haven't seen it advertised in What Camcorder or Camcorder User, however the TRV25 is there.

Not sure about whether the Panasonic's are better.

Help !

Thanks

Aswad

2. AAA

AAA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would go for PC9 for the reasonable good results (for 800k CCD) and v small size.V good quality and features. Now £860.

But ( It's getting interesting here...) If you don't mind carrying bigger Cam, then Sony DCR-TRV25E £679, letsgodigital.co.uk is for you.

Panasonic are v good cams also, MX1,5,8 -1Mgpx and Very good image quality! I used them, better picture than PC9 for the 1M pixel CCD.Good build quality too.

I can't comment on build quality of TRV25.

Beware sometimes new models have "cheaper" build q-ty(Redusing costs?!...) as with the new Panasonic NV-DS, GS range, v good cams, but feel plastiky..

You can get NV-DS29B for £349...and because, they are update of NV-DS15(VGood cam for the price...),I presume this is a fantastic buy for beginer...

Regards

3. Aswad

Aswad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I was keen on the Panny MX8 but it seems to be obsolete and theres no replacement yet.
    The Sony TRV27 I can get from nomatica.com for £819, it has 520lines of video resolution a mega pixel CCD plus Dvin/out and... a 3.5" LCD so I'm taking the plunge, can't wait too long otherwise, our 12 week old baby boy will be walking before I get one!!

Regards

Aswad