Sony TRV22 - DV out back to camera via firewire - HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by gmbmusic, Mar 13, 2004.

1. gmbmusic

gmbmusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

Can't for the life of me get the film I have edited back on to the TRV 22 via firewire / ilink.

The comp is seeing the camera fine. I captured the footage via the firewire in AVI and edited this in Windows Movie Maker 2.

Saved the project etc. Views fine on screen.

Now - how to export this back to camera to view on TV and to then dub on to VHS (I don't have dvd writer yet...)

When I use the save to camera option in MM2 it sees the camera and starts the process - takes about 1 1/2 hours for 1/2 hour AVI file which seems about right.

The camera is in the VCR mode and begins recording via the firewire. HOWEVER it is recording - but only a blue screen image(?) not the movie.

I'm sure the firewire card and cable is ok as I can capture and control the camera.

I've searched the internet and this problem has been noticed but I can't find a cure for this.

Please advise if you have had this problem and know a cure or if this process is working fine for you MM2 export back to camera....

HELP!!! Thanks,

Grant

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The website for all you need to know about Moviemaker2 is :-

www.papajohn.org