Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sony TRV218E & DVD R

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by MURFER, Dec 13, 2004.

1. MURFER

MURFER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this camcorder & was hoping to be able to plug it into the TV & play the footage back. Could I then record this to my DVD recorder as long as the DVD R was setup to record whatever AV channel the camcorder was playing through?

Thanks

Murfer :D

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    Yes, the output of a camcorder can be recorded by any recorder with a composite/S-Video input.
    If your camcorder has a firewire (aka DVport, iLink, ieee1394) output and your DVD recorder also has a firewire input then you can also use this and it will give the best results as the signal stays digital at all times.

Mark.

3. MURFER

MURFER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The camcorder only has an AV cable with It, yellow & black connectors to the tv & one that plugs into the camcorder. Will i need an S-video cable?

Thanks

Murfer

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    No, S-Video (if the cam has this socket) would offer better PQ but is not needed. It is used instead of the composite (yellow phono plug).

Mark.