1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony TRV 620E

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by stuartsjg, Sep 5, 2004.

1. stuartsjg

stuartsjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive recently become a permanent borrower of my dads sony D8 cam above.

Ive been doing 35mm still photos for some time and would like to advance the settings on the cam. Ive also done alot of editing etc so am familiar with the cam.

Its got all features enabled ie DV in/out, analogue in/out, DV<->analogue etc.

I have noticed tho that low light is pretty bad with the video gain being applied. I put it on the shutter setting that has a moon on it and this reduces the video gain to a max of 9dB.

You can still see when shown on the LCD proj the grain of the thing, id much pref a darker picture before a brainy picture.

Even when i change to manual exposure there will still be video gain.

???
    Is there anyway to change this so its always 0dB unless i put it in night mode etc
    ???

Also on the gain front, the external microphone input is very-very noisy (tested with an input plug with inputs grounded so no external noise in).

???
    Can i reduce the audio gain so i dont have the hiss and the thing raising the level with low-quiet input?
    ???

???
    Also can i alter the white balance?
    ???

I have read about these things that can be plugged in to the cam to allow you to alter internal settings etc? Any info on these?

Thanks for any help you can provide,
    Stuart :)

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to lock gain at 0db press 'exposure', turnt he control wheel to the maximum '+' level, then dial back 7 clicks. You have now locked your cam at 0db.

Try a test recording, then playback with the data code on tho check this/